Thread: Uploading MP3's ??

User Info Menu

Default Uploading MP3's ??

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me a site where I can upload MP3s so I can post a couple of small sound clips and get advice on recording my drums. Just started to play with my Roland BR1600 and am getting average results so far ( ESPECIALLY Bass drum ) - need some good ole DC advice.

Cheers

Wotto

about to go to bed here in Oz, will check replies in about 14 hours
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

if there less than 8 mb, u can upload 4 files at a time for the world to see!

purevolume.com

its really a place to put ur songs on there if u got a band, but i use it for uploadin things i wanna show drum chat etc. member, only 4 things at a time though.

User Info Menu

myspace, i think u can upload 6 mp3 tracks at once. it is a place for your band but you could just make one for showing your fellow drumchatters your songs and your drumming!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I would suggest www.fileden.com or www.rapidshare.com or on your myspace page.

User Info Menu

OK- this recording stuff is quite difficult hey !!

Go here- http://boomp3.com/m/affb9126ed3e
    I had never recorded anything before this - it is my 1st attempt and only had 2 x o'heads, 1 x snare and 1 x BD mike to record it.

Please dont comment about the timing and stuff , it was just a quick thing I did last night after 9pm so I was paranoid about the neigbours and rushed it all.

Rather ,what I want you to do is listen to the individual sounds and offer me advice on is how I can get recordings 'cleaner'. In this I personally think the hats are too loud but they are recorded by overhead condensors that also pick up the cymbals, so I cant just' turn the hats mike down' as such without affecting the other cymbals , so I am assuming positioning of the overheads may need adjusting ???

Are overhead condensors REALLY directional? As they seem to REALLY pick up on whatever they are pointed directly.

Also- when I hear this on a PC I cant hear my BD at all BUT one of my gripes with my recording is that when I played this back through the recording unit and on my Hi Fi system the BD was SO muddy and dead.

Anyway - ANY recording tips would be appreciated.
    I can utilise 2 x O'heads, 1 x BD mike and 4 x dedicated tom, snare mikes on any future recordings.

wot
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

What about videos. I got some videos between 80 and 130 megas.. I would like to share them too but what is the best way. I am sorry Wotto, I have no good advice for you on this one with professional recording tips etc. I do think it sounded good enough to use for sharing your stuff with us on here though
    Last edited by livewire80; 12-09-2007 at 03:35 PM.