Thread: practice heads

User Info Menu

Default practice heads

I cant remember but I thought I saw a post a while back about mesh practice heads ,I was wondering if someone who may have info on these could go into a little detail ?

Im looking for something to put on my drums so I can keep up the practice sessions during the holidays.(we are having family in for 3 weeks)

Thanks

Allan

User Info Menu

Do you mean like those net skins, I was going to buy a set, but as soon as I tried some at a shop they were crap! I don't know if the shop hadn't tuned them tight enough or what but there was almost no bounce and they just generally felt horrible.

User Info Menu

Im not sure because I dont know ,I never heard of them I just have a slight remembrance f a post about mesh practice heads?

User Info Menu

I use them, they are mesh heads and you can buy them through musician's friend and Interstate music, they are called percussion plus mesh drum heads. They have the feel of real heads but make little to no noise. They range anywhere from 5.98 for a 12" to 15.98 for a 22" bass drum head. They do a great job for there intended use.

User Info Menu

i would like to buy mesh heads and triggers for my practice kit.

User Info Menu

That is what these heads were originally designed for and then they realized they had another profit center by selling them for practise. I plan to trigger my heads also so that I can control the practise volume.

User Info Menu

Thanks