Thread: New Drum Hardware ideas

User Info Menu

Default New Drum Hardware ideas

Have you ever noticed that new drum ideas don't seem to come around as often as electronics or guitar accessories. It doesn't seem to change that often. The more I play the more I wish we had new things to mess with. I'm not talking about electronics so much but acoustic type of ideas that would really take drums in a new direction.

User Info Menu

I wish Tama still made the old Stilt telescoping boom cymbal stands... I NEED a couple of them.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

WOW! I hav'nt seen those in many, many years! They are very cool.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

maybe you could find on ebay.

User Info Menu

my drum teacher talked about some pretty cool things you can do like taking a bunch of discarded brass keys, ringing them together and putting it on your cymbal, i thought that was a cool idea
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

OMG metal-head your avatar gives me a headache!!!!!

uuuuuuuugh i cant look at it!
    (sorry.. lol no offense but I've always had a problem with getting all dizzy with stuff like that...... and i get really bad headaches. Sorry. .lol)
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

lol ill go switch it up
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    WOW! I hav'nt seen those in many, many years! They are very cool.
    Yea they are! I guess I'm showing my age, huh? (36) Boy are they handy though...

Quote Originally Posted by djsdrumrgrl
    maybe you could find on ebay.
    I keep watching... nothing. The people that have them, (I have one) won't ever part with them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-head
    my drum teacher talked about some pretty cool things you can do like taking a bunch of discarded brass keys, ringing them together and putting it on your cymbal, i thought that was a cool idea
    Yea, Metal-head, I put a bunch of medium and larger sleigh bells on some string and have them hanging in case I need that kind of sound. I also put small and medium sleigh bells on string and wrapped them around the clutch of my hi-hats. (About 6-8 of them). They add a little different sound to my hats. They're hardly noticeable, but it still adds something unique. My hi-hats came from Sabian with 8 rivets in the bottom hat that REALLY makes them sound different then the common hi-hat setup. I LOVE them!! Here's a pic of the sleigh bells;

User Info Menu

Great idea guys. Homemade percussion!
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Default Hardware ideas

Cool set-up, METAL DRUMMER!

About a year ago, my drum teacher showed me an article in which the late actor Marlon Brando (who was also a major hand-percussion fanatic) had patented a device that would let you tune the conga or bongo head in one step without compromising the sound of the drumhead. Haven't seen or heard of it since, but thought it would be cool to adjust the sound of the drums without wrestling with the lug wrench...surprised that someone hasn't considered it...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

woah metal drummer thats awsome i gotta find some kinda jingly object to put somewhere on my set
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Thanks! If you want to see more pics of my kit, go to "drumset" link (page 2), the thread "show us your drums" (page 2)... you'll see the pics (7 of them). Let me know what you think.