Thread: Is there a difference in the drums?

User Info Menu

Question Is there a difference in the drums?

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone knew what the difference was between the pearl logo plates on the sides of the drums? thing is im trying to but a new rack tom to fit in with my existing ones (pearl ELX ruby fade) and the images on the website display a different logo from my ones: theirs is more rectangular, with 'export select' in the centre, whereas mine have more curved sides with 'ELX' in the centre. I though it might be the older version but I don't think that comes in ruby fade, in which case that wouldn't be the answer any ideas would be great
    : ~ Pearl export ELX (ruby fade) Cymbals at present....: Paiste pst3 14" high hats, 16" crash, 20" ride, zildjian ZBT 10" splash. DW5002 turbo double bass pedals. LP percussion block

User Info Menu

I thought only pearl visions came in ruby fade. I'm probably wrong though.

User Info Menu

Probably an older version, Pearl completely revamped the Export series in 99-01. Changed the badge and the quality of the drum for about the fourth time at that stage.

User Info Menu

pretty sure (about 90&#37 they are the same poplar wood export shells.

User Info Menu

I have a Pearl ELX kit in Black Burst made in 06' and it has the rounder "ELX" badges on it, so I would assume yours is a newer kit. Your are correct on the Ruby Fade, it was not available on the older kits, so you would not have an exact match. Keep an eye on e-bay. I see toms show up on there from time to time that will match your kit.

By the way, Welcome to Drumchat!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks