Thread: hardware gear bag(s)?

User Info Menu

Default hardware gear bag(s)?

I would like to buy some good quality hardware bags/cases. Where's the best place to start looking?
    Gary

ThePloughman Guest

With a drumset like that....... get the best you can aford. Verve ....... ya I know they make crap drums. But some of the bags sold with their name on them are every bit as good and padded as Tuxedos, for less money. Just an example, compare. Pay attention to the amount of padding in bags. If you are going for cases....... SKB, H&B, Hardcase, Protector. And thats no certain order.

Im using some sport bags for most of the smaller hardware or when its not being carried in the trap case. They run about 20 bucks. Real Sturdy.

There is a wide variety and wide cost range available. Some are definitely better than others. I like the H&B Tuxedos. I also like the one Verve Snare bag I bought for 15.00 new.
    I use a variety of bags. I have a lot of drums. I also use H&B Enduro Cases. If something needs bagged in the house thats what it gets. If its a really small gig, I might take a set in bags. Mostly ...... drum in the bag, bag in the hard case. Some say thats overkill. My 1964 Rogers 20-12-16 is worth 3,000.00 You cant overkill on protection for something that cannot be replaced. That set mostly goes out in touring cases. And I am the only one who handles it.
    Last edited by ThePloughman; 01-30-2008 at 01:37 AM.

User Info Menu

if you are going to do alot of transporting, i suggest a hard case of sorts. i spent the extra money on a gator hardware bag over a no name bag and it did not hold up but about a year. i am going to buy a hard case for my hardware. something that will hold the hat stand and entire rack if it has to.
    right now i am using a huge rubbermaid storage container with wheels on it. it accually works well for the time being.

i'm thinkin' something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heavy-Duty-3-8-D...QQcmdZViewItem

User Info Menu

I have the Kaces model bags and Hardware transporter. They are thick quilted pading on the inside and cordura outer shell. I have had them for five years now and they have been all over the country and have held up really well. I also have the wheeled hardware transporter, that has worked out well too. The zippers on all the bags and trasporter are extra heavy duty, I would recommend that you look into the Kaces models they are nice.

User Info Menu

I use Kaces, there thick and durable and most importantly
    affordable.....