Thread: Drop Clutch

User Info Menu

Default Drop Clutch

Hi guys, im new to the site, there were so many answers to things i wanted to know i figured i should sign up. Anyway, i recently bought a drop clutch for my hi hat, just a cheap one but it doesnt seem to work. I cant seem to raise the upper cymbal with it, it doesnt lock on. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

User Info Menu

Hey MS nice to have you here! My advice on your drop clutch is if this one doesn't work, spend the 24 bucks and get a nice DW one.
    Blessings......
    Last edited by drummer; 02-03-2008 at 09:40 PM.

User Info Menu

...but before you do that, find a picture of one and make sure you have it set up right. I got a cheap one a little while a go and it took me almost a whole day to work out how it all went together...

actually, I didn't work it out - my wife walked in and said "maybe it goes like this." and it did...

User Info Menu

I got a Gibralter one. So good so far. I kind of pop the pedal with my foot and it grabs good.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Purchase a DW clutch and your problems will end!

User Info Menu

Does anybody have any experience with the Pearl Drop Clutch? ordered one yesterday, just wondering if I've made a mistake
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    I got a Gibralter one. So good so far. I kind of pop the pedal with my foot and it grabs good.
    x2 the gibralter one works great.. ive used it for 2 yrs now.. no probs
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yom View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with the Pearl Drop Clutch? ordered one yesterday, just wondering if I've made a mistake
    I am sure you will be fine, pearl makes nice hardware and I am sure their drop clutch is no exception.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I am sure you will be fine, pearl makes nice hardware and I am sure their drop clutch is no exception.
    x2 on that as well. We have a Pearl hi hat stand at church and Im thinking of grabbing one just like it.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I have the Yamaha drop clutch for over a year and it is really good.
    I have tried also the DW one which is almost similar quality
    My opinion is that Yamaha has the best hardware
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Drop Clutch

OLA como estas ALL DRUMMER ARTIST QUESTION DOES any Drummer ARTIST HERE use a IRON COBRA Clutch *& what do you feel (THINK) about this IRON COBRA CLUTCH**How much $$$ did you spend
    on it **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I've had the Pearl Drop Clutch for a few days now.

Its going to take me some getting used to in order to make transitions with it smooth. My only problem with it at the minute is its actually quite difficult to make it release. I have to whack the lever pretty hard to make the top bit let go. I suppose this is to stop it from letting go accidentally but it is quite annoying.

Absolutely no problems with it grabbing the cymbal again though, just a quick pop on the Hi Hat pedal and its back to normal
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie