Thread: seeking advice about sudden right wrist trouble

User Info Menu

Default seeking advice about sudden right wrist trouble

I've been actively playing snare for 8 years now and have auditioned for a couple of DCI corps and the Penn State Blue Band, so I'm fairly adept at playing that level of music. However, within the past few months I have developed and uncontrollable right wrist, in that whenever I play at slower tempos (70's - low 100's) I can't make right hand stay in check. I especially can't roll cleanly or play things such as flam drags and flam fives.

I'm looking for any advice or miracle cures so I can reaudition for my college's marching band and pass it again. (They didn't transfer me from a branch campus to main for this year or else I would not have this problem right now - LONG story)
    Last edited by bbbeer99; 02-23-2008 at 07:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: seeking advice about sudden right wrist trouble

It's hard to know whether or not this has to do with a repetitive stress injury or not or some technique problem. You may want to seek the advice of a top level drumcorp drummer, no matter what it costs you monetarily. That's what I would do. I can almost guarantee the "right" person could help you through this.

Welcome to Drum Chat. I hope you'll stick around and be a contributing member of our family.