Thread: Lug locks?

User Info Menu

Default Lug locks?

I am in a cunundrum. My snare detunes probably bad than any of you would ever have heard of before. I just finished a half hour jam without tuning it first and by the end i could prolly give each lug half a twist with my fingers and remove the head completely. So i think i need to buy something to lock them up after i have tuned them.... Anyone know of anything like this?

Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: Lug locks?

Rogers invented them. I think guitar center carries something similar.

User Info Menu

I've tried them as my snare detunes in the same manner as steve's in the 3 lugs closest to me. They didn't help me. Having die-cast hoops helps, so if you don't have them I would upgrade. But that's all I got.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Lug locks?

lug locks,,,,i use em and Lubs em about $5 a pkg of 10 ....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I like those Rogers lug locks better than the type that go on the top of the tuning rod and hold the rod in place by compressing against the rim. Those seem like a viable consistent lock. I have a lathe etc. I just might make some of those for my DW style tunning rods that are fine threaded! I really don't have a problem with my lugs detuning, but I like the utilitarian nature of those. If you made them out of aluminum and polished them they might really look kind of cool too!

User Info Menu

being a tradie i can see those rodgers ones should do me i think..... is anyone able to post me a link to the guitarcenter page that has them for sale?

The thing im having trouble with atm is how much more to spend on my kit because im saving for the td 20 now and i dont want to set that back more than i have too..... Im gonna get a new double kick off ebay if the price is right which i need for the 20 anyway........ but i need one more acoustic cymbal for my current kit too. am i better off just tuning every time i jam ??? :S
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Stevo, I don't think the lug locks at GC are that style. I think they are the style that I mentioned above that rest on top of the tunning rods. Google lug locks and you should be able to find a representation of what I mean.

User Info Menu

those roger locks look like there basicaly rod memory locks so you can spin your rods down to those stop it and its tuned whare you want it each time every time, am i right?
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

ThePloughman Guest

Not a mem lock. But once you are tuned, you tighten down the lock, and the lug stays put. It acts as a double nut against the lug insert. They are really quite efficient.

And its a fantastic snare drum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    Not a mem lock. But once you are tuned, you tighten down the lock, and the lug stays put. It acts as a double nut against the lug insert. They are really quite efficient.

And its a fantastic snare drum.
    I think that they are a great design!!