Hello everyone. I'm new to drumming (To be exact i've just read up about some fact pages about names of a basic drumset and only ever really messed around for awhile) and i'd really like some tips on how to play a song for a talent show. I literally have zero to no experience with using actual drums (even though I can 'air' drum, pathetic I know).

So basically, here's the question and situation i'm in.

I've been asked to join a band for a talent show, as stated above and have no experience and roughly 5 months to practise for a song (Probably Red Flag by Billy Talent) I only need to know that one song which has a really fast, up beat opening with the bass pedal and either tom toms or the snare. (Opening Beat goes "bass, bass, snare snare, bass bass, snare snare")

I need to know how to improve my speed through possibly an action I can simply practise anywhere (Mainly for the bass drum, my feet are slow), and once again endurance because i'm looking at a 3: 36 song length here.

Other parts of the song will have to come through practise over time (Dang I respect all you accomplished and even fairly new but able to play drummers for all the hard work you've put in) I only have a guesstimation of 5 months to practise in with my band which won't be ever day (Not entirely sure) i'm sketchy about the whole thing seeing that it's a fairly hard song to learn for a novice like me but everyone has to start somewhere.

Any ideas as to 'stage fright' also? Example, when I present in class I shake, the talent show will be held in a sea of people in our schools gymnaisim. (I'm in grade 11).
I need to try and focus up there and do my job if I do except this challenge and that'll probably only happen by ignoring the crowd/ rarely looking at them so I can just play what i've learned in the alloted time.

If anyone wants to give some valid comments (I know people like to play tricks on the new guy lol) as to maybe help these things along and improve on stage fright and the likes, or heck even by chance know the song and have pointers for learning it please let me know. Personally, i'm not sure I can pull this off but I don't want to disappoint my friends for the opportunity.

-Thanks.