Thread: My new (used) drum kit

User Info Menu

Default My new (used) drum kit

Hey everyone I've had my new kit for a couple months now. This is the kit but I didn't take this picture. The pictures I took wouldn't work. I guess the image was to large? when I get the camera thing worked out I will send better pics with the cymbals. I got this kit from someone on craig's list it's like new and sounds great. 350 bucks. Plus Saluda 15 crash, Wuhan 16 crash,20 ride,14 hi hats,18 crash, stands were also included. This is a big upgrade for me I was using a small groove drum kit to start and now that I have been playing for about a year and meeting some people to play with this is what I needed. And for the price it can't be beat. Craig's list rules!!!!!!!!! Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Default Re: My new (used) drum kit

I've been hearing a lot about craigs list... I should check out the APX cymbal prices there x_x. Well nice set, not heard of Union, but it looks good. The Wuhan cymbals had good reviews, but I went with Sabians. I like the fade, fades always look cool. I have a cherry to black fade myself. Good luck with the kit, hope you have fun playing out it and you'll need to tell us how it all sounds.
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition

User Info Menu

i dont know anything about union drums, but they look good and have nice features. anything with 20 lug snares and kick drums, suspention mounts, a nice laquor job, hardware and cymbals is def worth $350. what wood are they made from?

User Info Menu

I have the Sabian b8's from the other kit but I like some of the Wuhan's. So now I use the Wuhan Hi Hat's, 18" crash, Sabian B8 14" crash,20" ride,10" splash and Saluda 15". I love the Saluda and have been looking on ebay for other sizes. I've never heard of them but it sounds very nice.

User Info Menu

Congratulations Dave! Those look real nice!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

They don't make this kit anymore just starter kits that are cheaper. The Lacquer finsh is very nice. It's tabacco fade and the drums are birch. I put new ebony remo heads on them. The bass sounds like a cannon but I was used to the smaller 18" bass. I like the Wuhan cymbals better than some of the Sabians I was using. I now use the Saluda 15" crash, Wuhan hi hats, 16" crash, and Sabian B8 14" crash and 20" ride. The Saluda is very nice cymbal and I've never heard of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i dont know anything about union drums, but they look good and have nice features. anything with 20 lug snares and kick drums, suspention mounts, a nice laquor job, hardware and cymbals is def worth $350. what wood are they made from?
    HOLA como estas FUNKYMCSTAIN*CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST
    DRUMMER(CAT) GREAT POINTS &very TRUE* Ihave nver heard of them Myself
    IT does seem like a Cool DEAL**

User Info Menu

HOLA como estas FINFANDRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) THEY look GREAT *cool Finish **& they seem too be MADE VERY WELL**I hope that you get ALOT of GREAT YEARS out of your*TAMBORES(DRUMS) **GRACIAS **

User Info Menu

wuhans are a very nice cymbal. something kev converted me too before he left :(

And that kit does look nice. kinda looks like the sunburnt tamas *i think thats the colour name? *

Very nice very nice

So long as you like the sound too :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

that is an incredible deal

User Info Menu

Cool Re: My new (used) drum kit

Quote Originally Posted by finfandrummer View Post
    Hey everyone I've had my new kit for a couple months now. This is the kit but I didn't take this picture. The pictures I took wouldn't work. I guess the image was to large? when I get the camera thing worked out I will send better pics with the cymbals. I got this kit from someone on craig's list it's like new and sounds great. 350 bucks. Plus Saluda 15 crash, Wuhan 16 crash,20 ride,14 hi hats,18 crash, stands were also included. This is a big upgrade for me I was using a small groove drum kit to start and now that I have been playing for about a year and meeting some people to play with this is what I needed. And for the price it can't be beat. Craig's list rules!!!!!!!!! Dave
    Looks good, Dave! Play 'em loud and play 'em proud, bro'...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Nice lookin set , Im really diggin the color .

User Info Menu

I like the finish as well!

User Info Menu

Thanks, I got them just in time. I've only been playing about one year and the last 3 months I have been playing with guys just for fun. It's an open door thing and different people show up all the time. A few weeks ago a bass player came and at the end of the night he said he was trying to get a band going. He said they would be interesed in me playing. We are meeting later this week. I will let everyone know how it goes. Dave
    Last edited by finfandrummer; 03-17-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typing mistake

User Info Menu

Good for you, Finfan...isn't it great having a decent set to work with?