Thread: Getting additional drums/peices etc

User Info Menu

Default Getting additional drums/peices etc

Hi this is going to sound like a really stupid question but i just wondered where you get additional toms, bass drums ect if you have quite a new kit. Ive seen various single drums for sale on places like ebay but what if you have a new model of kit and you want the other drums to be the same make, finish ect. Not that i really need to know particulaly, but it could be instrumental (excuse the pun) when i come round to upgrading.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Getting additional drums/peices etc

Depending on your area, maybe a local music store.

When I owned a PDP kit I was able to buy the add on toms and extra hardware from online shops like Musicians Friend.....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

yeah either you can keep searching ebay until you find an exact match being offered or you can go to a retail music store that is a licensed distributor for the drum manufacturer of your kit. then that retail music store can order what you need direct from the factory and sell it to you at the retail store.
    5 Piece Pearl Reference Kit w/ Noble n Cooley Snare

6 Piece Pearl MMX Master Custom Maple
    Natural Maple Lacquer Finish

Various Zildjian K and A customs
    Paiste Signatures
    Paiste Sound Formula Reflectors

User Info Menu

In the old days, The big companies put out catalogues, and you could buy drums individually as well as in sets. Times have changed. Thanks to the Asian invasian, nobody wants to be bothered. the sales and auctions sites are your best recourses now. There are always "orphan" drums out there if you hunt them down. Often that may mean doing a re-wrap or re-furb to get the end result you want.

all the best...

User Info Menu

You boys all answerd his question, I was just going to be more simple in my response and answer, internet you can find anything on the internet!