Thread: Hi Hat stand question

User Info Menu

Default Hi Hat stand question

hey everybody--
    a ? about my hihat stand, any help apperciated

i was trying to lower my hi-hat cymbals cuz they were too high, and i think they're as low as theyre gonna go. but then i was lookin at it, and there's a black part just above where the chain goes into the metal housing, and it wraps around the metal, and you can turn it. it turns until it stops, it does this both ways...

which leads me to believe it has a function. does anyone know what i m talking about? i have a mapex 5 pc set, mapex stand (ofcourse) i just dont see any difference in cymbal height, or tension, or anything. ive known it was there, but now curiousity has taken ahold of me.

hopefully not too dumb of a question thanks guys

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi Hat stand question

It most likely either raises and lowers the height of the foot pedal or it adjusts the spring tension.

User Info Menu

yea ive been looking around, and i think it may be the spring tension...i just didnt feel much difference...

oh well thanks drummer!

User Info Menu

I have the same sort of operation with my gibralter hi-hat stand...I can't tell any difference in the tension. I did try a Ludwig hi-hat last week at local candy store (Drum Studio) and I was able to tell a significant difference with the tension.

User Info Menu

Hola como estas LILDRUMMERBOI CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER
    ARTIST (CAT) ON My MAPEX H750A Hi-HAT(SOCK)PEDAL STAND *which IS a HOT PEDAL THAT BLACK ROUND KNOB is FOR THE TENSION AS you Can Either MAKE it TIGHTER or LESS TENSION What ever works For Your own unique Creative artistic ARTISTRY (STYLE) AS you can also change the ANGLE ALot of FUNCTIONS with THESE FEATURES **BE CREATIVE *AS
    What ever works For You as A ARTIST is ARE GREAT ** GRACIAS

User Info Menu

On my mapex stand it changes the tension and you can REALLY feel the difference between settings. All the way on one side and i cant even press the pedal all the way. I have it set all the way on the other side.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

I have in my Pearl stand and functions as tension adjuster for the pedal.

User Info Menu

Yeh i think i know what you mean. I have a mapex stand, is it a big ergonomic black plastic screw typed thing? When i bought it the guy said it adjusted the tension and said it was good as it made it easy to alter but like you i dont really notice any difference in it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    Yeh i think i know what you mean. I have a mapex stand, is it a big ergonomic black plastic screw typed thing? When i bought it the guy said it adjusted the tension and said it was good as it made it easy to alter but like you i dont really notice any difference in it.
    Maybe the adjuster doesn't work?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I Have A Tama Like That It Is For Spring Tension, You Can Use It If You Want Bigger Hh's So The Spring Wont Lag From The Weight
    THE CONCEPT OF SELF SCERINITY ELUDES ME