Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Drum Forum

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Our Drum Forum

I'm so proud to be involved with this Drum Chat forum. Seeing it evolve has just been amazing and I just love the people here. That said; everyone please remember that a drum forum is only as good as what we put into it. Like any community, the more involved we are, the better the entire community is for all of us.

Knowing that time is often an issue, I'll just throw out a few simple suggestions that are easy to implement:

1. Invite your drummer friends to join.
    2. Start new threads now and then rather than just replying to existing ones.
    3. Link to Drum Chat from your MySpace page, Drum Website, or Social Networking page (See the new bookmark icons at the bottom of every thread.) - Drum Chat Banners
    4. Use the new tags feature. When you make a thread about drumheads, label it with the tag "drumheads". This helps us all when we're searching for relative information.
    5. Report suspicious activity. As I've said before, the more we have your help, the more we can keep the bad guys out.
    6. Suggest new ideas for the forum. Some of the best ideas so far have come from our members.
    On behalf of Drum Bum, thanks to all of you for making this one of the best drum forums on the net!
    Last edited by drummer; 05-15-2008 at 11:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Our Drum Forum

Is there a way to "retro-tag" a thread or is that something you can do only when you post a new topic?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Our Drum Forum

Not sure what you mean by retro-tag but you can add TAGS at any time.

User Info Menu

HOLA COMO ESTAS DRUMMER(TOM) CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER (CAT) LOVE THIS NEW SYSTEM ITS GREAT* GRACIAS **

User Info Menu

This is by a far a GREAT forum! Very informative, helpful and fun. The people here are great! No attitudes or flaming. Makes it a good way to spend time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Not sure what you mean by retro-tag but you can add TAGS at any time.
    just a cute way of saying "can I add a tag after the thread has been posted?"

Thanks, drummer!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Our drum forum is COOL.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    This is by a far a GREAT forum! Very informative, helpful and fun. The people here are great! No attitudes or flaming. Makes it a good way to spend time!
    tis d coolest place to B, I have to ask BLD what is flaming?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    tis d coolest place to B, I have to ask BLD what is flaming?
    Flaming is when people go to forums to aggravate other members. Sometimes a poster will take "constructive criticism" a little personal. They will resort to insults, name calling and just rude behavior. If you want a good example, here is a forum from my hometown newspaper http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/20.../two_cents.txthttp://www.auburnpub.com/articles/20.../two_cents.txt

User Info Menu

Flaming is when people go to forums to aggravate other members. Sometimes a poster will take "constructive criticism" a little personal. They will resort to insults, name calling and just rude behavior. If you want a good example, here is a forum from my hometown newspaper http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/20.../two_cents.txthttp://www.auburnpub.com/articles/20.../two_cents.txt
    thx for the explanation, I will leave it at that thx. dont have time for non productive things, plus there is enough hate in the world already.
    have a great one and keep up your chops buddy.

User Info Menu

I agree this forum is awesome! A great place with great people!!
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. - Rush

User Info Menu

Of course it is SDS! You're here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I'm so proud to be involved with this Drum Chat forum. Seeing it evolve has just been amazing and I just love the people here. That said; everyone please remember that a drum forum is only as good as what we put into it. Like any community, the more involved we are, the better the entire community is for all of us.

Knowing that time is often an issue, I'll just throw out a few simple suggestions that are easy to implement:

1. Invite your drummer friends to join.
    2. Start new threads now and then rather than just replying to existing ones.
    3. Link to Drum Chat from your MySpace page, Drum Website, or Social Networking page (See the new bookmark icons at the bottom of every thread.
    4. Use the new tags feature. When you make a thread about drumheads, label it with the tag "drumheads". This helps us all when we're searching for relative information.
    5. Report suspicious activity. As I've said before, the more we have your help, the more we can keep the bad guys out.
    6. Suggest new ideas for the forum. Some of the best ideas so far have come from our members.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thanks to all of you for making this one of the finest drum forums on the net!

I would like to invite all my drummer friends to join , but you guys are already members here...........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    I would like to invite all my drummer friends to join , but you guys are already members here...........
    GF, that's why my sig reads "...but don't keep it to yourself!"

Seriously, if you know anyone who's interested in drumming, you know what to do!

Charlie

User Info Menu

My Grandkids Are All Interested In Da Drums But They Are Not Allowed On Da Computer...not Overstaing But They All 6,7.11.14.14,and 15 Play Rather Well
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

PHROGGE...COOL TO SEE THAT YER TADPOLES ARE LEARNIN' TO BANG THE BUCKETS, BRO'! GOTTA SEE THEM IN ACTION IN A VID, MAN...

LUBS YA, BRO'!

Charlie

User Info Menu

I Need To Start My Personal Phamily Drumcircle

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA

User Info Menu

I totally agree with everyone else, THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

Our forum is a great place to come to for no more reason that wanting to hang here with someone we may not have ever met but know that we like. We can ask our questions without being made to feel less than smart and we can share so many things about ourselves other than drumming. I've seen a lot of wonderful thought go into the creation of this forum. The singular most post that speaks to the warmth of what we have is Destroyer's Tale Of Two Cities. How cool is that, as anonymoous as we are, we can still feel a "Bond" that most people will never come to know. So, to the Moderators and the Administrators I say... "Bravo per tutti"...and thank you for your kindness and generosity.

User Info Menu

i love this forum, it has helped me so much with my drumming skills (well u guys have) and i find myself playing twice as much every day as i used to since i joined here! great place!
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

I Lubs Dis Place!!!!!! And I Thnk Evryone For Their Passion,,,,I Have Also Spent More Time Playin Around Da Drumroom Since I Joined Here I Appreciate Everyone For All They Say And Do That Helps Keep Our Drummiin Passion Alive And Constantly Inspiring Us All!!!!

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA

User Info Menu

i agree

User Info Menu

I love this forum too. It's so much fun to give and recieve advice. I love the shoutbox, too. It helps us keep together
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Sorry...Just trying to get to 25 posts so I can respond to pm's.. I understand the rule but 25 minimum is a little over the top.

User Info Menu

MDK, welcome to DrumChat. I know that can be frustrating but people were coming in here just to spam through PM's so they had to put some deterrents up. It really isn't that hard to make 25 posts.