Thread: Vic firth drumming stereo headphones

User Info Menu

Default Vic firth drumming stereo headphones

I wondered if anyone has some of these. I need some for drumming and think they look pretty good but dont really want to fork out over £50 on some headphones. I want some that can play music.

I was thinking of getting some industrial typed noise reducing earphones which reduce the same amount as the vic firth ones (23db i think) and just wearing them over the top of regular headphones. This would be much cheaper and i think could potentially work better.

Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vic firth drumming stereo headphones

MS, if you are thinking about wearing a headphone over a headphone, I would think that you would end up pressing the band of the first headphone into your head and ears. I think that would get very uncomfortable in a very short time. I've got the Vic Firth and I can tell you that they really do the job well, and are extremely comfortable. My suggestion would be to save up a little more and get the Vic Firth. Otherwise, you might buy the industrial type to go over your headphones only to find out how uncomfortable it is, and then, after you've spent the money, you'll still want the vic Firth headphones. Just something to consider MS.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Go with the VF, I use them and I think their terrific in recording sessions and practicing along to music. The only thing I can bash about this product is that whatever is being played through it will have the volume automatically turned down about 60%. Like if I used a cd player to practice that had a volume that originally went up to 36, it would sound like it was at 20. But overall I guess that's just to protect our ears like it was made for, so go for it.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i use plain ol' earbuds and gun shooting ear covers over them. works great.

User Info Menu

i have the VF and they work great. excellent sound quality and they're pretty comfortable. i think it would be worth spending the money, they're excellent for whatever you want them for.
    Yea thats right, you wish you where me.

User Info Menu

I also have these and am happy with them. I find that if I'm playing in the summer, though, the material will tend to stick to your skin like a hot leather car seat.

User Info Menu

it sounds like it would be uncomfortable. I use the vic firth stereo headphones and they are worth the money. I use them so much it was worth the price. They are comfortable to wear and have wonderful sound quality. You will be better off spending a little extra than being uncomfortable.

User Info Menu

i wear ipod headphones then where headphones over the top. As every1 has said they do get quite uncomfortable, Alot of teh time while banging away the ipod headphones pop out of ur ear drum then u cant hear the music. They just flop around in the over headphones, if i was you i would just save and buy the decent headphones.
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i use plain ol' earbuds and gun shooting ear covers over them. works great.
    Word.....thats what I use as well. Cheap and gets the job done nicely.
    "You can take away our keys, you can take away our phones, but you can NOT take away our dreams......Yeah!, thats because were like, sleeping when we have them."

User Info Menu

That is a good idea, I haven't thought of using shooters ear protection over ear buds but that is great and practical Idea......I think that I am going to have to give that a try......

User Info Menu

are these the ones with the metronome
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Do these protect your ears well?

User Info Menu

Personally, I think these headphones are very comfortable and yes they do protect your ears. The only time it hurts to hear something with them on is when you go to pick something up next to your foot and hit one of them against the snare shell. It sounds like a rifle going off in your ear lol.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

ow! Are there any other headphones you'd recommend?

User Info Menu

anyone know where i can get these in the UK?

User Info Menu

Id say somewhere online like ebay or amazon would be your best bet. You could probably pick them up cheapest. Alternatively you could try a local music shop or drum showroom. If there is a big drum shop or showroom that doesnt stock them im sure they could order them in on request.

User Info Menu

ive got 'em and really like them.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Vic firth drumming stereo headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    I wondered if anyone has some of these. I need some for drumming and think they look pretty good but dont really want to fork out over £50 on some headphones. I want some that can play music.

I was thinking of getting some industrial typed noise reducing earphones which reduce the same amount as the vic firth ones (23db i think) and just wearing them over the top of regular headphones. This would be much cheaper and i think could potentially work better.

Advice would be appreciated, thanks.
    Im really surprised at the praise VF's are getting here. Ive owned the VF's and to be honest thought they were junk in everyway, and extreme isolations were only marginally better. I did extensive searching on the web because i new there had to be a better product out there. I came across Milian acoustic isolation headphones and have never looked back, these are superior in everyway. alas the VF's and the extremes were sold on the local auction site we have here in New Zealand, the rest is history

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi78 View Post
    Im really surprised at the praise VF's are getting here. Ive owned the VF's and to be honest thought they were junk in everyway, and extreme isolations were only marginally better. I did extensive searching on the web because i new there had to be a better product out there. I came across Milian acoustic isolation headphones and have never looked back, these are superior in everyway. alas the VF's and the extremes were sold on the local auction site we have here in New Zealand, the rest is history
    Thank you for this bit of information.

I'm curious if you have the SV or SVT? There is a huge difference in price and I'm just wondering if you know whether the difference is audible?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Thank you for this bit of information.

I'm curious if you have the SV or SVT? There is a huge difference in price and I'm just wondering if you know whether the difference is audible?
    I own the ST model which has slimline cases, very nice looking headphones. they cost me $99US. The sound quality over the VF's is huge and marginal over the xtremes. These are very comfortable compared to say the xtremes which gave me headaches. plus the isolation these headphones give is spot on for drumming. 22db i believe.

I cant comment on the other milian models as i have never used them. But i must admit the price put me off, but im sure they are great products. i guess milianacoustics are still a small/young company thats why you dont here much about them.

geez i should be getting payed for this plug il shut up now
    Last edited by Kiwi78; 01-03-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Larrysperf Guest

I use Roland and skull candy head phones. Like them both as sound is great and I control the volume

User Info Menu

Never used the vic firth headphones, but I do own a few pairs of bose headphones that I have. I have a pair of bose noise-canceling headphones that I use on occasion, and my main pair which are just some basic bose on-ear headphones. I like those more because I get more of my drum sound in them, and I'm just so used to them.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

I've never owned the VF's but sennheiser has amazing quality for the price, started out with some 202's which worked great (cost me $20 us), then i upgraded to the hd380PROs, great headphones just pricier, oh, and as for the isolation, both work great. I can still hear my drums, but I can also hear the music, its life changing.

User Info Menu

+1 on the Sennheisers