Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: screen names

User Info Menu

Default Re: screen names

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    those claws look photoshopped
    CGI...
    I noticed a lot of it in the new movie. He didn't keep his hand in line with his arm and they chose to have the claws continue on the line his arms create (like they should) instead of go at the angle his hands turn at.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    If it will make ya feel better ,we can start callin' ya chevy II instead of QS2 .
    Anything is better than being associated with the 2010. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AL LOY View Post
    maybe a new moniker, but it would be long.

"Quickclassicstangupto2009only"
    I like it. It's got a nice ring to it, and a big middle finger to the 2010 as well.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Russ
    those claws look photoshopped

CGI...
    I noticed a lot of it in the new movie. He didn't keep his hand in line with his arm and they chose to have the claws continue on the line his arms create (like they should) instead of go at the angle his hands turn at.

Actually, when his claws are fully extended, they are housed in his hands. Therefore the claws would follow the angle of where his hands are. If I understood your reply correctly. Just for the record, the sound they write is SNIKT. That was my geek 2 cents worth. Cheers.

Here is the official explanation:Wolverine can, at will, release these slightly curved claws through his skin beneath the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but the blood loss is quickly halted by his healing factor. Wolverine can unsheathe any number of his claws at once, although he must keep his wrists straight at the moment his claws shoot from his forearms into his hands. When unsheathed, the claws are fully within his hands, and thus Wolverine can still bend his wrists.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Exactly... the claws are following his arms, not his hands, in that other pic.
    Sure he can move his wrists around after they're extended, but for a promo pic or an awesome posed shot it looks better if he keeps them in line with his arms.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Markthechuck...
    I was at work trying to think of a username for a new email account...Mark is my name, the chuck came from chuck norris email's doing the rounds at work..
    Chuck Norris kicked a horse in the chin....the girrafe was born, chuck norris don't open a can of whoop *** he make's his own..that's it..
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

ok hello mark and how did this converse turn from usernames to wolverine? no offense but u sound like nerds.. again no offense
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Remember that drumming is a journey, and not a destination, so be open to new things.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captcork View Post
    ok hello mark and how did this converse turn from usernames to wolverine? no offense but u sound like nerds.. again no offense
    Post #247 in this thread there smart guy. No offense on the "smart guy" comment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    CGI...
    Your right it is CGI - that "pose" is a still from an action shot so they had no choice - can't use a prop for that. But that's not the real problem with the pic.

The main issue is the shading they have done, and the lack of texture rendering. To make it look cool and metallic, they have made the back part of the claws quite bright and shiny, problem is, the rest of the shading for the back should be quite dark, or little lighting, with most of the room and ambient light being in front and above (look at Hugh to see what I'm talking about). As a result it looks "off". The other thing, is because it is an action shot, they dont' bother with trying to make it look realistic in texture - so it comes off looking drawn as it really is too smooth, and yet depsite what it is meant to be (metal), it is completely non-reflective of it's surroundings - which of course it wouldn't be - there should be levels of reflection. The whole shot is about seeing how cool the claws look and how awesome Wolverine (and High Jackman) is with him shooting his claws out - not about realism.

Also, with regards to the angle issue - they have drawn them using the lines of the knuckles and spacing that way - and I would guess also, using the common look from the comics where the outer claws curve slightly. Of course his fist kind of bunches up his hand at the index finger giving that look and angled wrist your seeing, when in fact is wrist/hand is more than likely quite straight and in line with his arm. Also, dont' forget about the camera positon and perspective coming into play here too. You can see what I'm talking about if you follow the line from the backside (where the little finger is) of his hand.

NOW who's the nerd?!?!?

Damn skippy.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captcork View Post
    Not sure what you mean there "Captain Cork" mmmm....
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    NOW who's the nerd?!?!?

Damn skippy.
    I bow before your greatness

User Info Menu

Paradisephoto - because I had to give up drums when I was 20, grow up and get responsible. So I turned to my other hobby, photography. I am also a part time wedding photographer, I had a business called paradisephoto at one point. Now that I am 40 (notice I didn't say now that I am grown up), I am getting back into drumming. This time, no parents to tell me when I can and can't play. I converted my kit to electronic, and with a set of headphones can play whenever I want. Well, at least when my responsibilities as a parent are taken care of...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paradisephoto View Post
    Paradisephoto - because I had to give up drums when I was 20, grow up and get responsible. So I turned to my other hobby, photography. I am also a part time wedding photographer, I had a business called paradisephoto at one point. Now that I am 40 (notice I didn't say now that I am grown up), I am getting back into drumming. This time, no parents to tell me when I can and can't play. I converted my kit to electronic, and with a set of headphones can play whenever I want. Well, at least when my responsibilities as a parent are taken care of...
    Cool story and screen name and welcome to the board .

As far as growing up ,my kids did a school project interviewing adults and their jobs and why they picked that particular job. ........my reply was I wasnt sure what I wanted to do when I grow up .

User Info Menu

Mine is pretty simple, Fades Away = my band's name ha ha. www.fadesaway.com
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Cool story and screen name and welcome to the board .

As far as growing up ,my kids did a school project interviewing adults and their jobs and why they picked that particular job. ........my reply was I wasnt sure what I wanted to do when I grow up .

My wife is convinced I haven't......and most likely won't!!http://www.drumchat.com/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

User Info Menu

Anyone else wanna fuss up to what their screen name means ?
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Anyone else wanna fuss up to what their screen name means ?
    Okay...my screen name is one that I use on the Mazda car forums. I use to own a 2006 Mazda RX-8 rotary sports car (traded). Late8 stands for late model "8" as the car is often referred to as the "8". I carried my name over here since I bounce back from fast cars to cool drums.

User Info Menu

My friend Jerry started quoting alot from the simpsons, and one day he started going on about a packet of something that grandpa simpson picks up, can't quite remember what it was, but it said Mexican Council Of Food on the side and i thought it was catchy so I started using it as my screen name. I'm not really a simpsons head but I do like mexican food alot!

My other screen name is PsychoKiller24601. I was in a play called Les Miserables in which the main character Jean Valjean steals a loaf of bread and gets sent to prison where his prisoner number is 24601, (oddly enough they make a joke of this in the simpsons too), later in the play he kills someone so i thought it would be funny to call him a PsychoKiller. Incorrectly, many people think it refers to the Talking Heads song. And while I do like the T.Hs I never heard psychokiller until after I came up with the name.

Other screen names include.. Mammoth ,Mega-Mammoth, letmethinkagain and Colonel Sanders.

PearlDrummer18 Guest

PearlDrummer18.........I play Pearl drums and 18 is my number on my race car. I got both my hobbies rolled into one name.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDrummer18 View Post
    PearlDrummer18.........I play Pearl drums and 18 is my number on my race car. I got both my hobbies rolled into one name.
    Cool....you gotta let us know what kind of car man! I hope it ain't an RC lol.

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Cool....you gotta let us know what kind of car man! I hope it ain't an RC lol.
    Ha! Ha! Nah it's a Dirt Late Model. I race every Saturday night here at the local dirt track. There is also some other tracks we go to in Talladega, Montgomery, Columbus, Miss and other places. I enjoy it alot but it keeps my wifes' nerves on pins and needles. lol I'll get some picks up of my car soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood View Post
    My friend Jerry started quoting alot from the simpsons, and one day he started going on about a packet of something that grandpa simpson picks up, can't quite remember what it was, but it said Mexican Council Of Food on the side and i thought it was catchy so I started using it as my screen name. I'm not really a simpsons head but I do like mexican food alot!

My other screen name is PsychoKiller24601. I was in a play called Les Miserables in which the main character Jean Valjean steals a loaf of bread and gets sent to prison where his prisoner number is 24601, (oddly enough they make a joke of this in the simpsons too), later in the play he kills someone so i thought it would be funny to call him a PsychoKiller. Incorrectly, many people think it refers to the Talking Heads song. And while I do like the T.Hs I never heard psychokiller until after I came up with the name.

Other screen names include.. Mammoth ,Mega-Mammoth, letmethinkagain and Colonel Sanders.
    LOL.........Very interesting story .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

late8 and PD 18.....also good stories behind the name selections.

I gotta tell ya PD ........I did like Wile E

Thanks for sharing guys .
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDrummer18 View Post
    Ha! Ha! Nah it's a Dirt Late Model. I race every Saturday night here at the local dirt track. There is also some other tracks we go to in Talladega, Montgomery, Columbus, Miss and other places. I enjoy it alot but it keeps my wifes' nerves on pins and needles. lol I'll get some picks up of my car soon.
    Excellent! I loved the movie "Talladega Nights".

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Excellent! I loved the movie "Talladega Nights".
    Yeah i did to! I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan! I haven't missed a Talladega race since 1985 when my dad was carrying me to the races. We were there the day they were filming some of the race scenes with Ferrell. That was pretty cool to see. I was also at the Daytona race where they were filming some of the scenes for Days of Thunder which was also a pretty good Nascar related movie.

I'm not trying to brag or anything but the most special thing that has happend to me as far as racing is concerned was when we traveld to Missouri to race there one weekend. Nascar drivers Ken Schrader and Carl Edwards was each in the same event i was in. Those guys are both very nice especially Schrader who offerd me some great driveing tips. To just be out there racing for position with those guys was a great feeling that i won't ever forget. I also have a cousin that races Late Models professionaly, his name Shannon Babb. If any of you guys ever watch the Late Model races on the Speed Channel he is always in field.

Sorry guys i get a little carried away when it comes to racing. It's all i've done and been around my entire life. Geez i'd better quit or i could go on all day. This is a drum forum for crying out loud!!

User Info Menu

bumpin' this......who''s next ?....where did you get your screen name ?
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

mines just my name, i know its very creative. if there was a way i would change it to xbox live gamertag, Gladhe8her(you have to say it fast)