Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: screen names

User Info Menu

Cool Re: screen names

Quote Originally Posted by =^-..-^= View Post
    I'm not sure, but somehow I became the BigMeow, because it fits my personality. Like a cat, I'm not overly social with people I don't know; and if you feed me, I'm your friend for life. . . .
    Considering that some jazz musicians refer to other musicians as "cats," you fit in around here, man...

Incidentally, I'm a cat person, too...I have been owned by five cats since 1972 (you know you never own a cat--the cat owns you!), and both my daughters have cats they've rescued as infant kittens...my older daughter has two, and my younger has one...I call them my "grand-kitties" (at least Mrs. 'bro does!)

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Ok here's the story behind mine... I am a Deputy Sheriff and I am a K-9 handler. Naturally I think my dog is the best or "TopDog" so there is where I get topdog. 63 is my badge number hence topdog63. I started using it a while back for my xbox live screen name and pretty much use it for everything now.
    You deserve the nickname "don't mess wit me!", TD! Keira looks like an angel in that pic, but man, I bet she becomes a "hound from hell" when it comes to dealin' with lawbreakers!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: screen names

What kind of Cats do you have??????

Show us some pics, we want to see if you look like them!!!!

User Info Menu

Umm...well for me I learned to play drums by ear so thats the main reason I chose ear_drummer as a screen name, but also because, we all have a eardrum (actually 2) and the two just seem to go together.

User Info Menu

begtimm561- i might as well be a begginer, my name is tim(to m's), and 561

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Reason i choose to use my s/n, i used to play a card game called "Magic the Gathering" and Mana is basically the power you use to cast spells... So i figure i'm always seeking the power to do things so i came up with, manastalker.

User Info Menu

I just wanted to bump this back up in caase some of the new members want to chime in , some very cool replies so far .

User Info Menu

My husband is a drummer. I would watch him and think how did he do that, or I thought that looked easy. But, when I would try it I could not do it. I realized drumming was "clear as mud" to me.

I got bit by the drumming bug and I am a girl so I did a play on words and came up with "Claire_Asmud". Confuses alot of people because my name is Melissa. I also use JazzMo. My dad calls me Mo and I love Jazz. (another play on words from Satchmo).

User Info Menu

No doubt that's one of the more creative explanations I've heard! Cool, Claire Asmud!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I stumbled across my user name in a Reader's Digest. It had an excerpt from a book called something like "Tingu" or something, and had foreign words with no direct english translation. Bakku-shan was Japaneese, I think, and meant "Girl who looks good from the back but not the front."

That was so funny (at least to me), that I ended up saying it alot, and it sorta became a trademark. I use it with AIM (though I'm never on), and a couple of other sites, but on the guitar forum i'm Scrambler_66. I used to ride ATV's, and mine was a Polaris Scrambler, and my address was 66.

User Info Menu

I joined a guitar site about 6 years ago. I was going to call myself Fenders Suck!
    I changed my mind after I thought about the many new friends I would make in a short time with that username.
    I had 2 Epi SGs and a Yamaha S(B)G 1000, so it made sense to me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminSGs View Post
    I joined a guitar site about 6 years ago. I was going to call myself Fenders Suck!
    I changed my mind after I thought about the many new friends I would make in a short time with that username.
    I had 2 Epi SGs and a Yamaha S(B)G 1000, so it made sense to me!
    Is that a Rick 4001??

User Info Menu

It's a 6 year old 4003.
    I bought a white 4001 new in 1977. Sold it in '84.
    I've always liked Ric's necks!

User Info Menu

Ratamacues are way fun rudiments to change up and play on the kit [ala Gadd], so I just made a play on the word, plus I am terrified of vermin and im crap at snooker.

User Info Menu

Thought I would bump this to the top for some of the new members if any one is interested .

User Info Menu

well, it all started when i was ten years old, i had my hair short so i could spike it, hence spikehairman10. although i don't spike my hair any more cause it's like medium length and really curley!
    MY drum kit so far:
    pdp ez series drums(14" snare, 12, 13,and 16" toms. 22" bass)
    pdp 10" mini timbale
    Zildjian zbt 18" crash/ride, 10" splash
    paiste 201 bronze 14" hi-hats, 16" crash, 20" ride
    sabian aax 16" ozone crash
    pearl primaro cowbell.

I love my kit!!!!!

User Info Menu

my last name is aunkst,
    had aunkster since grade school..

User Info Menu

the brand of my drumset and my favorite number

User Info Menu

...Im fat...
    Mapex m birch,black forest cherry,sabian,zildjian cymbals,big dog,pearl pedals,yamaha electric kit.

User Info Menu

My screen name has no special meaning or anything.

I like Metal and I like Blasting so I combined them together and got Metalblast.
    Awaken The Dead - My Band

User Info Menu

anyone else ?

User Info Menu

oh me me me! because of this. Pounding, thumping rocknroll. It is the song that got me into all that hard rock stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Wp0...eature=related

EDIT : Better quality link
    Last edited by livewire80; 09-23-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

i am the drummer for a loud band called DAMAGE OVER TIME.

User Info Menu

Im Canadian and Im a redneck.

User Info Menu

I dont think I have posted in here yet. Anywho this name comes from a term the band Jackyl uses. They are mainly from South Carolina and Georgia so there is a lot of southern terminology used by them. So rocking out (mainly at a Jackyl show) was termed to Kickin' the dog. I used to go to every show they had within 150 miles of here. Got to talk with the members quite a bit. At one of the shows the former bassist mentioned that whenever they came around I was always there to kick the dog with them. So I took that. Added two K's to make it look a little cooler and there ya go.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I generate the low end! Another bassist pretending to be a drummer heh.