Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: screen names

User Info Menu

Cool Re: screen names

Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Asmud View Post
    My husband is a drummer. I would watch him and think how did he do that, or I thought that looked easy. But, when I would try it I could not do it. I realized drumming was "clear as mud" to me.

I got bit by the drumming bug and I am a girl so I did a play on words and came up with "Claire_Asmud". Confuses alot of people because my name is Melissa. I also use JazzMo. My dad calls me Mo and I love Jazz. (another play on words from Satchmo).
    Claire--uh, Melissa?--that's a cool story either way! (Besides, Melissa is a great name; my younger daughter is also named Melissa; Mrs. 'bro and I named her for Melissa Gilbert from "Little House on the Prairie.")
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: screen names

nothing dodge i swear

User Info Menu

[QUOTE= Another bassist pretending to be a drummer heh.[/QUOTE]

User Info Menu

Cool stuff in here! Who would have thought musicians would have been so creative?!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Gooch is a nickname I got in college and I usually incorporate it into my screen names (I'm GoochStang on a Mustang forum I'm on - quickstang, got any pix?) Here's the story: my last name's Goucher, it's German in origin - pronounced GOW-cher - and it's commonly mispronounced Goocher or even worse, with a French twist GOO-shay. So, one of my genius friends started calling me Gooch, and it stuck. Then, when the Jackass movie came out, it took on a whole different meaning, which made it even funnier to us.

And I am assuming that the "Drum" part of my name is fairly obvious . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Cool stuff in here! Who would have thought musicians would have been so creative?!!!

Right you are PB , I find myself reading threads and in the shoutbox and will notice someones screen name and wonder to myself "how did they come up with that name " , so I figured good way to find out is start a thread .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    I find myself reading threads and in the shoutbox and will notice someones screen name and wonder to myself "how did they come up with that name " , so I figured good way to find out is start a thread .
    And a great thread it's been! Thanks GF!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Right you are PB , I find myself reading threads and in the shoutbox and will notice someones screen name and wonder to myself "how did they come up with that name " , so I figured good way to find out is start a thread .

Some guys have way to much time on their hands...wish I were on of them.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Well, when i was a kid i loved watching Beavis and Butthead and could do a really good Beavis impersonation. All my friends have called me Beave since then.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: screen names

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Well, when i was a kid i loved watching Beavis and Butthead and could do a really good Beavis impersonation. All my friends have called me Beave since then.
    I'm dating myself here, Beave, but I thought "Beave" was what Wally Cleaver called his kid brother on the old "Leave it to Beaver" show!

Beaver: "Gee Wally, I think girls are goofy."

Wally: "Hey, they're not so bad, Beave."

Beaver: "I'd rather kiss a frog first."
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump. I like to play the drums. That's all I got to say about that.
    To Drum or not to Drum, that is the question.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

Some guys have way to much time on their hands...wish I were on of them.
    \
    ........lol Frank, I wish I had more time to hang around here. Im here several times during the day but only for about 15 - 20 minutes at a time

User Info Menu

Mine comes naturally i suppose... Wen i started off i was intrigued by the idea of utilizing bounce rather than fighting it... thus the RJ screen name.. Oh and im always tapping random surfaces to test the aforementioned phenomenon, be it with a stick, pencil, pen, sharpie, chopsticks, eating utensils, pvc pipes, midgets....

User Info Menu

\
    ........lol Frank, I wish I had more time to hang around here. Im here several times during the day but only for about 15 - 20 minutes at a time
    im with envy GF

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    I'm dating myself here, Beave, but I thought "Beave" was what Wally Cleaver called his kid brother on the old "Leave it to Beaver" show!

Beaver: "Gee Wally, I think girls are goofy."

Wally: "Hey, they're not so bad, Beave."

Beaver: "I'd rather kiss a frog first."
    I believe you are correct BBro, thats what one of my friends dads said.

User Info Menu

another quote from "leave it to beaver"........"where is your father??"........"he's out looking for beaver"...........

User Info Menu

Speaking of "Leave it to Beaver"

Did you know that TV show pioneered the first sex talk on tv? I believe it was June who coined the phrase, "Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night."
    Signature here

User Info Menu

HA!!!
    I knew someone would bring that up!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

Did you know that TV show pioneered the first sex talk on tv? I believe it was June who coined the phrase, "Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night."
    I almost posted that, too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

I got a good laugh out of this!!!
    Now to my S/N I'm an electrician by trade and an Ohm is measurement of resistance of wire and components. I've been boating for 15 years now and everyone names their boat....My boat name!!!!

User Info Menu

Ohmthis! I love it!! I've been wondering a lot about your screen name. Very cool.

Oh, and the "Leave it to Beaver" stuff . . . let's remember that we're "family friendly" please.

User Info Menu

No explaination needed...and the 03 is because someone already had redheaddrummer...
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

i dont think i have to explain it...
    I like that name as mush as i like those drums
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohmthis View Post
    I got a good laugh out of this!!!
    Now to my S/N I'm an electrician by trade and an Ohm is measurement of resistance of wire and components. I've been boating for 15 years now and everyone names their boat....My boat name!!!!

LOL..........Im also an electrician and never picked up on the name .

User Info Menu

gotch pastor........wasn't thinkin like i should have been......cool with me if my post conveniently disappears......and congrats on the boat loadof posts.
    cheers
    Gerry