Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder.....

User Info Menu

Default I wonder.....

If any famous drummers come into drum forums and chat? What do you think?

User Info Menu

many famous drummers have thier own forums. sometimes pearl endorsers come in and do Q&A with members on the pearl forum. matt from mudvayne even had a deal where forum members picked his current drum kit.

User Info Menu

I guess what I meant to ask was I wonder if any famous drummers or any famous people for that matter come and chat in forums and pretend they are someone else just so they can have a normal conversation with some normal people with no agenda?

User Info Menu

Thats quite possible DC, now you got me wondering haha

User Info Menu

okay ya got me. i'm really steve gadd.

User Info Menu

I'm really Aaron, the claymation guy from "Little Drummer Boy".

User Info Menu

I know that dave weckl started drumsmylife forum, but the people on that forum aren't as friendly as all ya'll(my redneck coming thru)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    I know that dave weckl started drumsmylife forum, but the people on that forum aren't as friendly as all ya'll(my redneck coming thru)
    this is the most snob free forum i have been to. at least where drums are concerned.

User Info Menu

I think drummer is Neil Peart in disguise

User Info Menu

i thought he was the drummer for kiss.

User Info Menu

Hmmmmmmm, I think you're right and RD is Neil Peart, he disguses himself as a guitar player.........

User Info Menu

Oh, man! I wish I had 1/100 the talen of Neil Peart.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Oh, man! I wish I had 1/100 the talen of Neil Peart.
    You can stop pretending now RD, we know who you are!

User Info Menu

There's one guy, ...screen name "Limpy" that said he plays with a big act but he would never tell us who it was. I can't say I blame him. He only comes in here intermittently. Maybe touring, I don't know.

There's one other person on here that has IM'd me a few times. I promised never to reveal his identity however. I'll give you a hint: His real name is Clark Kent.

Seriously; I've been a part of a handful of forums over the years and you'll hardly ever see the name drummers. You'll see some semi-famous guys sometimes. But not the real big names. People would just hound them too much.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    There's one guy, ...screen name "Limpy" that said he plays with a big act but he would never tell us who it was. I can't say I blame him. He only comes in here intermittently. Maybe touring, I don't know.

There's one other person on here that has IM'd me a few times. I promised never to reveal his identity however. I'll give you a hint: His real name is Clark Kent.

Seriously; I've been a part of a handful of forums over the years and you'll hardly ever see the name drummers. You'll see some semi-famous guys sometimes. But not the real big names. People would just hound them too much.
    But how do you really know? They could be lurking around incognito, you never know...........

User Info Menu

Superman plays the drums!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

On a guitar forum I've participated on there are a couple of fairly well know session players who post there from time to time. They stay fairly anonomous and only a few people know what their screen names are. These are people who have played with and recorded with some of the big names, but aren't super well know themselves. Les Dudek has made a guest appearance at one of the Guitar forums (and checks in from time to time) he's got a number of albums out under his own name, and has played with Steve Miller, Stevie Nicks, and Cher, to name a few.

User Info Menu

i thought he was the drummer for kiss.
    Yes tis true

we've seen the pictures, dreadful really
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    You can stop pretending now RD, we know who you are!
    Yeah, like Nearl Peart would spell the way I do.

User Info Menu

Well one day some of us WILL BE THE BIG NAMES!

And then there will be some.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

I'm out standing in my field. Does that help?

User Info Menu

hahaha yeah! thats funny nice wording
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

I'm out standing in my field. Does that help?
    You're a farm animal?

grasslander Guest

Good question! Probably good that we don't know!

User Info Menu

Cool I wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Superman plays the drums!!!!!!!!!
    No wonder Lois Lane always looked so frustrated in those TV reruns...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck