Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: screen names

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default screen names

OK , its something we all use and every one of them is different . I was just wondering what some stand for and how they were picked . Please feel free to share if youre interested , I will go first .

Plain and simple , I enjoy fishing and planned on retiring early ( not gonna happen now ) but I figured once I did retire if any one decided to stop by the house to see me that would be the sign they would find hanging on my front door ............next

User Info Menu

Default Re: screen names

I'm a drummer.

User Info Menu

Just a combination of the first 3 letters of my first and last name
    bruarm - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex Pro M fusion kit natural finish
    Zildjians:
    14" K Custom Dark hats
    14" K Heavy Ride
    10" & 12" A fast splashes
    14", 16" & 18" A fast crashes
    Pearl Eliminator double kick
    Pearl free-floater brass snare (the deep one!!)
    not one, but 2 cowbells!!

User Info Menu

I have many nick names that people call me (quaggy, quazy, quagalicious, quagmire, quag, q) just to name a few. quazzlestix is just one of the many varitions starting with qua (first 3 letters of my last name) and many of my teammates and my roommates call me these variations and quazzlestix seemed most fitting for a drum forum.

DrumChat.com - Drummer Forum

User Info Menu

Destroyer. The iconic dragon/lion/gargoyle in blood red in the center of my Scottish family 6th Century Coat of Arms displayed on the front of my bass drum. The top scroll has my last name Abernathy. The bottom scroll says Scotland.

I was thinking of Aberland or Scotathy, but Destroyer just seemed the right name, honoring all my family generations past/present with my playing.

I'm currently having Precision Images here in Portland making me smaller crests for my newest 26" Ludwig and 22" Tama bass drums. They just adhere with spray tacky-glue and they're easy to remove should I ever want to...and they stay glued very satisfactorily and don't affect the reso head, since they are quite thin and made from a plastic-like material.

Last edited by Destroyer; 06-05-2008 at 02:54 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm a chick drummer

User Info Menu

I like Gretsch drums! Sadly, I don't have one gretsch kit!
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

I just never got into enigmatic screen names. I tried being BgBndDrmmr but everyone already knew who i was so...why bother?

User Info Menu

LOL I'm a pastor, and my name is Bob. I just figured if I was going to be here, I should be honest about who I am.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I left drumming for 20 years and in the last 6 years have come back to it.

User Info Menu

RIFF WRATH.......started out to be the name of a jam band I organized for a friends party a number of years ago.....was originally riff raff, as in a motley crew, or a collection of misfits, perhaps even seedy charactors....I evolved it into riff for a musical riff and wrath as in don't tick me off or else...lol.....eventually I will develop it into a web site, and have it in the band registry........currently there is only one member....lol...but I have a local jam coming up.....a riff wrath jam, and depending on the turnout it may be called riff-stock...lol

User Info Menu

errr.... its my name
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

this is my middle name - i hated my parents for a long time...

User Info Menu

I love turtles. THEY FLIPPIN' ROCK!!!! Not to mention that if there is a drummer in a cartoon either the turtles are the drums or the turtle is the drummer. I am trying to find a turtle shell print set, but not only am I not in a perfect financial situation that allows free will spending on drumsets, but I have yet to even see one. For now though, I have turtle vinyl stickers on my set. I would post a pic but I am too lazy to figure out how to get my pics on the computer. Picture a profile of a turtle inside an oblong circle, all in green.
    Besides that, then when I say it, I can use my terminater voice. "I am da turtlinator."

User Info Menu

I love to listen to, and play, heavy metal.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I like the Boston Red Sox and 206 is my voice mail extension at work.

User Info Menu

My parents held me down, beat me daily with drumsticks until I finally gave in to the notion. I'm rrrrrreal hardheaded... Actually, when I joined the forum, I just couldn't handle all the pressure... It's all too much... PB sent me a "short list", jersey girl, banana ripple monday and I think the third was, peanutbatter bubbledrum...
    Thank you PB
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

My name is also the name of my company Silver Dragon Sound Productions, just a bit shortened.
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. - Rush

User Info Menu

Thanks guys and girls , some interesting replies so far .

Special thanks to drummer , DC, Dustin and PB , you guys had me really stumped , never would have guessed in a zillion years. ............lol

User Info Menu

I am literally a six foot tall coke can

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    I am literally a six foot tall coke can
    This is the best thing I've read on the internet.

User Info Menu

Taken from my favourite Monty Python sketch (but I spelt the name wrong :D)
    Today on Ethol The Frog, the story of the Pirahna Brothers!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I am a bassist since 1984. I chose my screen name so people would not wonder why I asked so many stupid questions!!!!!!!
    As of today, I have been playing for 2 months! STILL LEARNING

User Info Menu

Back when I got my Mustang, Summit Racing had just built a Mustang called the "Quikstang". I liked how they did it and a lot of the ideas behind it, but the screen name "quikstang" was already taken so I went with quikstang2. So far only my Yahoo! account has been hacked and stolen off me and I forgot my Hotmail password. All my other accounts for anything requiring a screen name are quikstang2, so you know it's me.

Here's a link to the Summit Quikstang if you're interested:
    QuikStang
    Looks like they added some homo looking stripes to it now...

Anyways, I'm no longer going that route with the car. I've heard of guys getting 35mpg from the 4 banger stangs, so my goal is to get more.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Cool Re: screen names

quikstang2--

Tellin' ya, bro', with gas as high as it is these days, you may be headin' in the right direction!

now to my screen name...as you can see above, I refer to my male buddies as "brothers," or, for short, "bro's."

"bongobro" is a contraction of "bongo brother," which is glaringly obvious to anyone who's hung around this forum any length of time! I can play a drum kit, but given the choice, you'll find me slappin' the skins...amd I consider anyone who rocks the bongos, congas, etc., as a "bongo brother."

The first dude I referred to specifically as my "bongo brother" was a guy who shares my June 22nd birthday (he turns 21 the day I turn 56!) and who also digs hand drumming.

When I joined DrumChat, there was also no member with "bongo" in his or her user name...so voila! "bongobro!" That has since changed--, bongoJohn!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck