Thread: Mesh Drum Heads

User Info Menu

Question Mesh Drum Heads

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have the pearl mesh heads? If so how are they? Do they make the snare quiet, but not so quiet that you can't hear them? What about the bass head?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mesh Drum Heads

You aren't gonna get much noise outta those Babies. They are meant for practice kits.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

i have them on my electric kit. I do play them at times without the power on and they have a nice tone very quite but you can play to the sounds and they are cheap. They don't have the same feel as acoustic the bass is the worst has a lot of bounce. I will say if you play these heads real hard they will break I don't play hard and have had these's heads for a couple years now !

E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    i have them on my electric kit. I do play them at times without the power on and they have a nice tone very quite but you can play to the sounds and they are cheap. They don't have the same feel as acoustic the bass is the worst has a lot of bounce. I will say if you play these heads real hard they will break I don't play hard and have had these's heads for a couple years now !

thats why i dont play electric drums.....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Hart and roland make mesh heads that durable. I chose the pearls because of the price and how i use them ! And did I mention they are cheap? !
    Last edited by 2slow; 07-04-2008 at 05:50 AM.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post

nice set! i like how you converted the acoustic set! ive never seen that done, is that normal?

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

I use them for practice and they don't make much noise at all. But they have pretty much the same feel as regular heads.