Thread: DW 4000 bass pedal

User Info Menu

Default DW 4000 bass pedal

I am looking into getting a new bass pedal. I have a stock pearl pedal right now and I need to get a new one. I am looking at a DW 4000 single pedal. I've used a 5000 and love it does anybody know what the difference between the 4000 and 5000 is?

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW 4000 bass pedal

I have the 5000 double, and from what I have seen everything on the 5000 is a little heavier duty, like the size of the chains that connect the foot boards are not only double chained, but if I am not mistaken they are bigger in dimension and heavier duty. They 4000s are really nice pedals to.

User Info Menu

The 4000 looks very much like the older 5000 except the hinge and it looks like you do not have the ability to adjust where the spring connects to the shaft.
    I am sure it is a great pedal. I play the older 5000s and I love them.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    The 4000 looks very much like the older 5000 except the hinge and it looks like you do not have the ability to adjust where the spring connects to the shaft.
    I am sure it is a great pedal. I play the older 5000s and I love them.
    You are correct they do look just like the older pre to mid 90s 5000, single chain drive systems. I hadn't thought of that before.

User Info Menu

i have a 4000 double pedal and it works great, ive played a 5000 and couldn't tell much of a difference, but im sure the 5000 will last a lot longer
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cadesonT14 View Post
    I am looking into getting a new bass pedal. I have a stock pearl pedal right now and I need to get a new one. I am looking at a DW 4000 single pedal. I've used a 5000 and love it does anybody know what the difference between the 4000 and 5000 is?
    HOLA COMO ESTAS CADESONT14 *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMERARTIST(CAT) ,I have A OLD DW 7000 (DOUBLE) IT worked well * BUT now I useing IRON COBRA DOUBLE POWER GLIDE &ROLLING GLIDE &PEARL ELIMINATOR COUBLE THEIR All (ROJO -CALIENTE-PEDALS) RED HOT**
    TRY them all First And then you can get a Better IDEA (FEEL) what ever works for the CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTISTIC ARTIST is all Great within their Own unique (STYLE) (ARTISTRY) within their JOURNEYS ***

User Info Menu

thanks i'll check those out too.