Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never hear a drummer say:

User Info Menu

yeah my friend is always like you think its so hard to play the drums try playing the guitar but i always tell him try playing 5 guitars at once he never gets it but i'm trying to say i have a 5 piece set not 1 guitar

plus you got some cymbals too
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

yeah....ppl don't realize what a chalenge it is to get all four limbs doing something diff....

User Info Menu

yeah my friends who have tried playing some songs that i like playing are like man this is hard

User Info Menu

All instruments are hard...Each & every instrument has its relative degree of difficulty to master & be really good at [musically rounded in general]. However, i would say that drums are the most physical of all of them, making them a tad more challenging in general perhaps...except for a frontman/woman who is running all over the place, but that usually requires a huge stage on a larger tour, & quite possibly a sizable contract...

User Info Menu

you reckon a 5 peice is hard try playing gran collins kit

User Info Menu

cool i new to this i love drums cant really play but i like them

User Info Menu

I know It stinks real bad in here, I dropped a poopy
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fatty3392
    you reckon a 5 peice is hard try playing gran collins kit
    yeah i just started like a half a year ago so i dont have a crazy kit... but wtf.. what would you use all those drums and cymbals for also how many pedals did he have?!??!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Baw_Drummer
    " i wonder if we can save space in the van if we dont use the cowbell, taboruine, wood block, roto toms, or triangle"

COWBELL...I need more COWBELL !!!!
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

"Sorry, dudes, I can't play my congas because there's been a power failure."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkPlusAngels
    this isnt really on topic but a lot of my friends think that drumming is the easiest instrument to play anyone ever told you that because my personal opinion is that drums are the hardest

i play drums, guitar, bass, and keyboards...the way i see it, the easiest by far is bass...guitar and drums are about equal, because with drums its extremely hard to get going at first, because many people give up within the first few months, after that rhythms become easier, and eventually (if your like me) new beats become easier and easier to play........what ive found with guitar is that its a constant and steady build, so you dont have to be as determined when you start out, but at the same time, it stays just as hard for most of the time you play..........in the end i would say that drums are a bit tougher, simply because its the only instrument that requires not only menatl, but physical strength

wow...i went into much more depth than i was planning on....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl6565
    i play drums, guitar, bass, and keyboards...the way i see it, the easiest by far is bass...guitar and drums are about equal, because with drums its extremely hard to get going at first, because many people give up within the first few months, after that rhythms become easier, and eventually (if your like me) new beats become easier and easier to play........what ive found with guitar is that its a constant and steady build, so you dont have to be as determined when you start out, but at the same time, it stays just as hard for most of the time you play..........in the end i would say that drums are a bit tougher, simply because its the only instrument that requires not only menatl, but physical strength

wow...i went into much more depth than i was planning on....
    I've found that "easier" is almost never "better" ...easy sucks. Always go with your passion.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

"Oh, great--broke another drumhead during the second set!"

User Info Menu

Default Things you'll never hear a drummer say:

"Hey, bro', I need to borrow a cable for my amp..."

Or:

"Aw MAN! Do I HAFTA play 'In-a-Gadda-da-Vida' AGAIN?"

User Info Menu

I was watching an Info commercial about learning keyboards and the guy promoting his product came right out and said that Drumming was the easiest instrument to learn. What does a piano playing salesman know about what it takes to play rudiments correctly on just one drum and then spread it throw out your body to play that same rudiment backwards and forward on a drum set. What a crook of Crap. Anyone else see that Commercial? I'm 49 and there are younger guys and gals out there that are fantastic musicians.I still don't twirl my sticks. I don't see the reason to learn and don't have the time to learn. I hold my own and have been playing since I was 7 with over 25+ yrs. professionally. I still wish that I could play some of the riffs that I hear these younger musicians play. Some people are naturals. Drumming is not easy, you have to practice,practice,practice. "But I'll tell you nothing beats the feeling when you look out in the crowd and see even if it's just one person tapping there foot or moving to the rhythm of the music that your playing and know that at that moment in time, that person isn't worried about paying his bills or any of the problems that we all may have on a daily basis. At that moment YOU AND YOUR BAND ARE A SUCCESS. And that's what playing music is about. That is your reason for livin". Happy Riffin' Guys and Gals
    Last edited by Timer; 08-10-2006 at 08:04 AM.

User Info Menu

Amen To That!!!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Default Things you'll never hear a drummer say:

"Look at all those people drumming on the tables--why aren't they tryin' to copy the guitar solos?"
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Hardware bags with wheels are for wimps
    Last edited by Timer; 08-03-2006 at 08:02 AM.

User Info Menu

While your waiting for the elevator, I'll just grab my hardware bag and take the stairs.
    Last edited by Timer; 08-03-2006 at 01:12 PM.

User Info Menu

hey we should play the battle of evermore!!!
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

1 thing you'll NEVER hear a drummer say is "I hate the instrument I play."

drums r 2 cool for anyone to hate them, especially the drummer him/herself.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

wot about brass instruments?theyr mena b prety hard...i find the hardest part of playin drums ryt now is rememberin a song iv jus lernt; pianos way easier for that.

User Info Menu

i dunno i nevr really had too much trouble with trumpet...course i didn't have much trouble with drums either....or guitar...they all take lots o prac

User Info Menu

hmm i found trumpet very easy... but i hated it cuz i killed my lips :( guess i always forget chapstick... o well...
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

yeah..did u ever try trumpet with braces....OUCH...