Thread: Foot pedals

DNA Guest

Default Foot pedals

I've just come back to drumming after 35 years.
    I bought a set but can someone tell me what the
    two bass drum pedals with 2 beaters on one side
    is all about?

User Info Menu

I love to hear this. Truly, you're never too old to play drums!
    Congratulations and glad to have you here in Drum Chat.

The pedals you mentioned are actually considered one and referred to as a double pedal, double bass pedal or double bass drum pedal. It's simple really. For anyone that wanted to play double bass drums but didn't want to carry two bass drums, this pedal was designed so that you could play both feet on one bass drum. It was one of the greatest inventions of our time as far as I'm concerned and it changed drumming dramatically. Drummers are now setting records with speed drumming on just double bass playing using a double pedal. Check out Tim Waterson. Here are some other double bass drum links:

Double Bass Tips

Double Bass Drum Lessons

When you first get a double bass pedal, it can be a little intimidating, but hang in there. Once you get over the hump of getting used to it and learning a few basic exercises, it's not that bad. The main thing is to have patience. At first, you'll feel like you're starting all over again. But after much repitition, you'll be getting it.

I'm not the greatest double bass player but I'm glad I acquired a handful of chops on the double pedal. It gave me the ability to do so much more with passages in some songs.

User Info Menu

Has Any One Gotten Up To A Top Speed Of 210?
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

not me
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

once you hit 210 more beats come up and you get more respect from drummers and none drummers alike.

User Info Menu

But you go through way more heads and a little more frustruation to get there

User Info Menu

how do i fnd out how fast i can play?
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    how do i fnd out how fast i can play?

What do you mean? double bass,around set,what?! what style of music do you play,bands,drummers? this will effect how fast you need to play or should play
    Last edited by Metal forever; 11-23-2006 at 02:09 AM.