Thread: Evans Skins

User Info Menu

Default Evans Skins

hello!

Well, on sunday i ordered evans ec2 coated skins and an ST Dry Snare skin. i thought it was time for a change after 3 years of stock skins

i hope it will "enhance" my drumming skeeeels
    Joe-

www.bebo.com/cleargunshot
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    My Band,One Song On The Page

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans Skins

hey mate

They may not enhance your skills but if you have been using stock skins, they will certainly make your drums sound a whole lot better, which will make you sound a whole lot better!

What kit do you have?
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Congrats Rev....
    EC 2 are good heads....I've played with them....Less overtones...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

i think muffled heads are really stupid. one can get a better tone out of normal heads and also if you'll have more variety with them. if you put moongel on g2's instead of buying the ec2's, you'll save money plus when you take the moongel off you immediately have a new sound. but hey, that's just me. enjoy the heads. evans make good heads.

User Info Menu

I have a "rikter" kit. lol. i looked it up on google and i can't find anything about it

Buying a pearl vision kit soon
    Joe-

^^^^^^^^^^^

User Info Menu

i got the skins on monday

they sound absolutley lovely
    best buy for my kit yet
    Joe-

^^^^^^^^^^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jack's_art View Post
    i think muffled heads are really stupid. one can get a better tone out of normal heads and also if you'll have more variety with them. if you put moongel on g2's instead of buying the ec2's, you'll save money plus when you take the moongel off you immediately have a new sound. but hey, that's just me. enjoy the heads. evans make good heads.

Actually, "dampened" heads are great if they are used in the right application. The living room is a good example. In small spaces, choked is good. If you're playing in a rather large room with little acoustics then EC-2's will sound like cardboard boxes. No one drumhead is a cure-all and a drummer has to take in account the environment they are playing in but most importantly the sound they want to achieve!

Besides, if you're worried about saving money, stop blowing yours on moongel and just start using tape to dampen your drums. Diapers also work well too. But hey, we're talking about saving money right?! LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheRev View Post
    I have a "rikter" kit. lol. i looked it up on google and i can't find anything about it

Buying a pearl vision kit soon
    Excellent choice on a kit. You getting the VSX,VBX,or VMX Any of those you'll be happy with though. Very solid kit, good hardware, brass inserts, they use 1000 series tom arms on these things now, and the protone heads are by far some of the better stock heads out there right now. Just wish they included wood snares and not the steel sensitones. :(