Thread: A little snare on the side

User Info Menu

Default A little snare on the side

How many people here use side snares? If you do, what type and size do you use and how often do you use it?

Today I picked up a 10" x 6" PDP 805 series side snare that I mounted on a clamp off the left side of my hats. It is super bright and snappy and rolls like butter. Got it on sale at Guitar Center for $90! Great deal...
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

sweet.....i've always wanted a smaller snare to add on...wish i had some spare cash..

User Info Menu

I see a lot of guys doing this. Its just never been my thing. I do use a timbale off to the left though.

User Info Menu

i bought a pork pie little squeeler 7ply maple snare from musicains friend for only $170! i couldn't believe how awesome it sounds, especially at that price. everyone should get the opportunity to own an aux snare, gives endless potential on the set, def recomend it
    "Can't this wait 'til i'm old, can't I live while i'm young?"

User Info Menu

I don't use a Side Snare,But I do use a 3X13 Pearl Maple Piccolo for a Primary Snare which does have a Really Snappy sound to it....

User Info Menu

i have a 10x6 pearl maple popcorn snare. i like it alot. i mostly play it with the snares off.

User Info Menu

I've got a brass piccolo I use as a second snare for punk gigs sometimes (actually use this as a primary snare when I play metal - it CUTS).

What I really want is an old bass drum turned on its side as an additional floor tom for the left side - have the skin detuned really low so it sounds like a cannonball effect.

User Info Menu

i want a piccolo. ive heard one on a song that sounded like a bongo. i guess it is good for certain songs thought not essaintial.

whos that guy that has his bass drum really low. is it vinnie colaluta or someone

User Info Menu

I've seen Fire Cracker Side Snares they look nice, and i sort of want one, but my desire isn't so much that i cant wait to get one.

User Info Menu

i was looking at the fircrackers when i found the popcorn snare used for the same price.