Thread: Home made practice bass help?

User Info Menu

Default Home made practice bass help?

short on money right now, anyone know how to make a home made bass drum practice pad so i can practice my double bass in the living room? Naturally i have a double pedal, just need to make a practice pad for them..

User Info Menu

Default Re: Home made practice bass help?

How short on money cause there has to be a manufacturer who makes them not to expensive. I know at my local store they teach with a practice kick that is just a head on a hoop with legs that can attach to your pedal of choice.

User Info Menu

speaking of practicing double bass what are some exercises you use to practice double bass?

User Info Menu

well, i havnt really been doing it much and was also looking for tips as you are..

User Info Menu

You can get a set of drum practice pads HQ sound for less than $100...at least I did a few months back.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

look up randy van patten on youtube and look for his double bass tips video. hes a load of basic riffs that use double bass for a short amount of time. just practice those over and over and then start trying to bring it around town so that u can keep a constant double bass groove. i think he talks about a book in that video too that just specializes on double bass drumming. i havent bought it but he pulls a couple grooves out of that book for the video. double bass aint easy. good luck!

User Info Menu

I'm not a huge double bass player but I can do it. Just not my type of music. What helped me a great deal was actually doing rudiments with your feet. I can't tell you how much it helped! Just simply run through a rudiment book with your double bass pedal and after about a week the improvement is obvious.