Thread: New Music Up

User Info Menu

Default New Music Up

Hey Drum Chatters,

Well my band Wide Eyed Coma has finally got a few new tunes up on our myspace player, I would appreciate it, if you would all have a listen and tell me what you think.
    The new songs feature our new bass player and currently without vocals.
    We recorded these songs entirely on our own, in a 10x10 little, very cramped room, but we are very happy with the results.
    these are just the first 3 of 13 we are recording, hope you enjoy.

www.myspace.com/wideeyedcoma

FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Music Up

i think your music is good but you need to turn down the gain/distortion on the guitars a bit its all meshing together and sounds kinda muddy if you know what i mean. good drums, i like the sound.

User Info Menu

DWd-
    Now that's righteous work! Nice tight sound man!!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumrbychoice View Post
    DWd-
    Now that's righteous work! Nice tight sound man!!
    Thanks man, glad you like it, can't wait til we get a singer.

User Info Menu

I like the Middle Eastern vibe of the first song Wake Up. I didn't find the sound muddy at all, but the guitar is very, very dirty sounding when he's got the distortion on. That much distortion does cover over some of the tone, but maybe that's the sound you're going for. I love the sound on your drums. The snare is really dry and lots of meat on the toms. Sweet. One thing: where's the guitar solo? You guys aren't one of the "Rock" bands with no lead guitarist are you?

Damage has kind of a dirge feel to it. It would take some pretty deep lyrics for this kind of thing not to get old quick (IMO).

No Wonder has lots of drive. Cool. Again, as with the other three songs, very dark feel. It would be fun to hear some upbeat lyrics to counter ballance the heavy funeral-like sound.

Again, love your drumming. Very tasteful. Awesome sound and mix on your kit. On the down side, no guitar solo. It's kind of like going to a war movie that ends up being an all dialog chick-flic. Not good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    I like the Middle Eastern vibe of the first song Wake Up. I didn't find the sound muddy at all, but the guitar is very, very dirty sounding when he's got the distortion on. That much distortion does cover over some of the tone, but maybe that's the sound you're going for. I love the sound on your drums. The snare is really dry and lots of meat on the toms. Sweet. One thing: where's the guitar solo? You guys aren't one of the "Rock" bands with no lead guitarist are you?

Damage has kind of a dirge feel to it. It would take some pretty deep lyrics for this kind of thing not to get old quick (IMO).

No Wonder has lots of drive. Cool. Again, as with the other three songs, very dark feel. It would be fun to hear some upbeat lyrics to counter ballance the heavy funeral-like sound.

Again, love your drumming. Very tasteful. Awesome sound and mix on your kit. On the down side, no guitar solo. It's kind of like going to a war movie that ends up being an all dialog chick-flic. Not good.
    Thanks man, I mixed the drums myself, and the guitarist did the rest.

Guitar solo's, man don't get me started lol, no but seriously I would love some rippin solo's, but our guitarists are just not the soloing type, mainly because they just can't solo, and to be honest it is a bit on the frustrating side, that I have been struggling with for quite awhile.

Thanks again man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Thanks man, I mixed the drums myself, and the guitarist did the rest.

Guitar solo's, man don't get me started lol, no but seriously I would love some rippin solo's, but our guitarists are just not the soloing type, mainly because they just can't solo, and to be honest it is a bit on the frustrating side, that I have been struggling with for quite awhile.

Thanks again man.
    Bummer on the guitarists situation. There are real lead guys out there. Maybe you can trade one of your rhythm guys in on one down the road. In the mean time, you need a crazy good vocalist to cover for not haveing any kind of soloist (IMO).

User Info Menu

Nice one kev, I love Damage, a bit of early Def Leppard going on in there me thinks
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Larrysperf Guest

I liked the 3rd song the best. No wonder. Like to hear you rip it some time. All is good. You know drummers can sing lol

User Info Menu

Bummer on the guitarists situation. There are real lead guys out there. Maybe you can trade one of your rhythm guys in on one down the road. In the mean time, you need a crazy good vocalist to cover for not haveing any kind of soloist (IMO).
    Yea I hear ya man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Nice one kev, I love Damage, a bit of early Def Leppard going on in there me thinks
    Nice, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    I liked the 3rd song the best. No wonder. Like to hear you rip it some time. All is good. You know drummers can sing lol
    I can't sing to save my life lol. We do a couple other tunes were I get to spread my wings and go nuts, I will post them, after we have finished them, I think you will like them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    We do a couple other tunes were I get to spread my wings and go nuts, I will post them, after we have finished them, I think you will like them.
    Wow. You're too nice. From what I hear, the rhythm section is the most musical element of this band. The guitar players are there because they're...ummm...your friends? Anyway, since no-one else is stepping up to the front man slot, maybe you should just lead from the drums? Maybe there needs to be a drum solo in each song?

User Info Menu

Wow. You're too nice. From what I hear, the rhythm section is the most musical element of this band. The guitar players are there because they're...ummm...your friends? Anyway, since no-one else is stepping up to the front man slot, maybe you should just lead from the drums? Maybe there needs to be a drum solo in each song?
    Thanks man, wouldn't that be sick lol.
    The guitarists would be so much better if they would just be more devoted and practice, and want to learn more and play better, but they just don't seem interested at all, and it is really starting to weight on me bad, I am just glad I joined a blues band, because these guys can seriously play.

I will post a couple songs from last weeks practice with my blues band, wait til you hear the difference.