Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3085

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

Changed all of the heads on mine, to include kick drum heads. Getting her ready for band practice tomorrow.

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Here, I think this needs to be here( in the Mapex thread )

User Info Menu

I think you nailed it.

Nice pie mitts.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

said good bye to my saturn kit today

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    said good bye to my saturn kit today

What's replacing it Paul?

User Info Menu

Yeah, what's next?

User Info Menu

right now, finishing off my studio build

should have some quality recordings soon

User Info Menu

I am happy to be back on Mapex. Had 2 Mapex sets previously then got lured away by a Gretsch Catalina Club jazz set but really missed the booming of my Mapex. Found a used Mapex Mars in Nightwood. Looks great and thunders - happy drummer!!!

User Info Menu

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Added my Black Panther Blade snare to the kit. She sounds phenomenal.

Set1.jpg

Set2.jpg

Set3.jpg

User Info Menu

Any of you Mapex Mugs know if the Rack tom mount that came on the earlier Saturns Bass drums will fit onto the newer IV or V Saturns? I would love to eventually get a Saturn again and if I cannot find a nice older model (with the nice badge IMO) then I would consider a newer model but only if I can mount the rack toms onto the bass drum. Thanks
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Any of you Mapex Mugs know if the Rack tom mount that came on the earlier Saturns Bass drums will fit onto the newer IV or V Saturns? I would love to eventually get a Saturn again and if I cannot find a nice older model (with the nice badge IMO) then I would consider a newer model but only if I can mount the rack toms onto the bass drum. Thanks
    I don't think so, I have the newer saturns and the one I want is pretty pricey. Over $300,00. I'm using a partial rack mount right now. I might consider getting one down the road though. You can see on this thread. The bass drum tom mount is a cool idea, I know Sonor has one too. Pearl should make a universal bass drum optimount tom mount that slides fwd and backward, hey but what do I Know, I'm just a dumb drum consumer.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-25-2018 at 01:58 PM.

User Info Menu

depends

the "old" saturns had a rail system the very latest saturn is back to drilled post

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Awesme thanks, I could not find that but that is exactly what I was talking about. Love the idea of a rack mount without having to drill a hole in the BD.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

There was a ”hangaround Saturday” last weekend at the local drumshop and while attending, I tried the new Saturn V exotic. And man, did I get blown away! The clarity and the tone of the toms, the fat punchy bottom of the kick...they sounded just...perfect to my ears. Not to mention the looks...damn that Cherry mist over that burl maple is just gorgeus.
    I still want a custom Varus kit but that would be more than twice the cost of the Mapex.
    Two kicks, three racks and two floors for roughly 3500 bucks isn’t a bad deal in my book. Plus hardware of course, that’s another 1500$.
    D39A071D-CBB2-4067-828D-62495E0B5187.jpg
    Now, where did I put that lottery ticket...
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    There was a ”hangaround Saturday” last weekend at the local drumshop and while attending, I tried the new Saturn V exotic. And man, did I get blown away! The clarity and the tone of the toms, the fat punchy bottom of the kick...they sounded just...perfect to my ears. Not to mention the looks...damn that Cherry mist over that burl maple is just gorgeus.
    I still want a custom Varus kit but that would be more than twice the cost of the Mapex.
    Two kicks, three racks and two floors for roughly 3500 bucks isn’t a bad deal in my book. Plus hardware of course, that’s another 1500$.
    D39A071D-CBB2-4067-828D-62495E0B5187.jpg
    Now, where did I put that lottery ticket...
    Yeah, I love mine. My kit at top of page is a 8 piece kit, pic showing it cut down a little.

User Info Menu

Planning on a 7X13 Black Panther maple blaster snare to top it off. . . . . . . . . .tempted.

User Info Menu

Mapex Saturns sound phenomenal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Mapex Saturns sound phenomenal.
    I can attest to that. I've had the opportunity to play lots of different kits (DW (maple, cherry), starclassics, bearing edge, Gretsch USA, Ludwig USA, etc.), and I'd put the Saturns up against any of them. I'm not saying that they're "better", but they have a sound that I absolutely love. I still can't believe that I got my shells for $425.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Just posted the driver's seat view, but here are my Saturn 5's at a charity ball last Saturday. LOVE this kit! Loddon Hall Nov.jpgLoddon Hall Charity Ball Nov.jpg
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!
    Roland SPD:ONE Percussion pad

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grazza View Post
    Just posted the driver's seat view, but here are my Saturn 5's at a charity ball last Saturday. LOVE this kit! Loddon Hall Nov.jpgLoddon Hall Charity Ball Nov.jpg
    Nice pics Grazza, truly love my Saturns. I have a 8X8 amber burl tom new in the box that's serving me no purpose. Somehow I have to figure a way to unload it ( by selling ) it. I'm in Southern California and the tom is a UK finish. My set is a ash burl finish and I already have one. I'm tripping on it LOL! Long story how I acquired it.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 11-22-2017 at 01:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice kit Grazza.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind comments, guys!
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!
    Roland SPD:ONE Percussion pad

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

User Info Menu

Nice kit you got there Grazza! I like the finish.