Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 2,876 to 2,885 of 2885

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Grazza View Post
    Just posted the driver's seat view, but here are my Saturn 5's at a charity ball last Saturday. LOVE this kit! Attachment 14400Attachment 14401
    Beautiful kit! I've been eyeing a six piece with the same finish.
    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

User Info Menu

I really like that finish Grazza. Congrats ona beauty, are those still the stock heads?
    DW Collectors

Sonor Essential Force Birch

Zildjian K Cymbals

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

User Info Menu

Got my Sabian XSR cymbals in.

IMG_20171124_165923_892.jpg
    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I really like that finish Grazza. Congrats ona beauty, are those still the stock heads?
    Thanks for the comments! It's certainly a beautiful finish, and is always getting compliments. Yep, I still have the stock heads on, although I still have some coated G2's from my previous Saturn 3's which I sometimes use on a big band gig I occasionally have. These sound great though with the repertoire I generally play. I just use an Evans EQ pad in the bass and run the toms wide open as a rule. The Velvetone is wonderful, and alternates with a '76 Supraphonic or (for rockier gigs) the DW black nickel on brass.
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

www.hennessyband.co.uk

User Info Menu

One more in the practice room just because!

IMG_20171130_153022_454.jpg

IMG_20171130_154748_544.jpg
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 11-30-2017 at 04:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Got my Sabian XSR cymbals in.
    IMG_20171124_165923_892.jpg
    Three crashes and a splash.....................I like it.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Three crashes and a splash.....................I like it.
    Great for different dynamics, for sure. It blows my mind the tonal difference between the old B8X's and the XSR's.

User Info Menu

B8s get a bad rap but they are tolerable for the money.................they have built their own niche.
    Your new brass is clearly better.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Great for different dynamics, for sure. It blows my mind the tonal difference between the old B8X's and the XSR's.
    Look'in good and sounding good Whip! I got a pair of XS20 Hi Hats 14'' coming from Nashville GC, used but in new condition. I've played them in the past and like them a lot. I have a XS20 ride and I like it also, and while I'm on the Mapex thread I have a 7x13 Black Panther maple Blaster snare coming in after the first of the year( on back order). Great XSR's you got and have fun playing your kit with them!

User Info Menu

Thanks fellas. I've been trying to upgrade a little at a time. I've got my eyes on a nice Mapex Saturn kit I'm hoping to get after the first of the year.