Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 2,851 to 2,872 of 2872

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

  1. #2851

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Changed all of the heads on mine, to include kick drum heads. Getting her ready for band practice tomorrow.

    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

  2. #2852

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Here, I think this needs to be here( in the Mapex thread )

  3. #2853

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    I think you nailed it.

    Nice pie mitts.
    Signature here

  4. #2854

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    said good bye to my saturn kit today


  5. #2855

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    said good bye to my saturn kit today

    What's replacing it Paul?

  6. #2856

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Yeah, what's next?

  7. #2857

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    right now, finishing off my studio build

    should have some quality recordings soon

  8. #2858

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    I am happy to be back on Mapex. Had 2 Mapex sets previously then got lured away by a Gretsch Catalina Club jazz set but really missed the booming of my Mapex. Found a used Mapex Mars in Nightwood. Looks great and thunders - happy drummer!!!

  9. #2859

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

  10. #2860

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Added my Black Panther Blade snare to the kit. She sounds phenomenal.

    Set1.jpg

    Set2.jpg

    Set3.jpg
    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

  11. #2861

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Any of you Mapex Mugs know if the Rack tom mount that came on the earlier Saturns Bass drums will fit onto the newer IV or V Saturns? I would love to eventually get a Saturn again and if I cannot find a nice older model (with the nice badge IMO) then I would consider a newer model but only if I can mount the rack toms onto the bass drum. Thanks
    DW Collectors

    Sonor Essential Force Birch

    Zildjian K Cymbals

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

    https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

  12. #2862

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Any of you Mapex Mugs know if the Rack tom mount that came on the earlier Saturns Bass drums will fit onto the newer IV or V Saturns? I would love to eventually get a Saturn again and if I cannot find a nice older model (with the nice badge IMO) then I would consider a newer model but only if I can mount the rack toms onto the bass drum. Thanks
    I don't think so, I have the newer saturns and the one I want is pretty pricey. Over $300,00. I'm using a partial rack mount right now. I might consider getting one down the road though. You can see on this thread. The bass drum tom mount is a cool idea, I know Sonor has the too. Pearl should make a universal bass drum optimount tom mount that slides fwd and backward, hey but what do I Know, I'm just a dumb drum consumer.

  13. #2863

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    depends

    the "old" saturns had a rail system the very latest saturn is back to drilled post

  14. #2864

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion


  15. #2865

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Awesme thanks, I could not find that but that is exactly what I was talking about. Love the idea of a rack mount without having to drill a hole in the BD.
    DW Collectors

    Sonor Essential Force Birch

    Zildjian K Cymbals

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

    https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

  16. #2866

    User Info Menu

    Cool Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    There was a ”hangaround Saturday” last weekend at the local drumshop and while attending, I tried the new Saturn V exotic. And man, did I get blown away! The clarity and the tone of the toms, the fat punchy bottom of the kick...they sounded just...perfect to my ears. Not to mention the looks...damn that Cherry mist over that burl maple is just gorgeus.
    I still want a custom Varus kit but that would be more than twice the cost of the Mapex.
    Two kicks, three racks and two floors for roughly 3500 bucks isn’t a bad deal in my book. Plus hardware of course, that’s another 1500$.
    D39A071D-CBB2-4067-828D-62495E0B5187.jpg
    Now, where did I put that lottery ticket...
    System of Power

  17. #2867

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    There was a ”hangaround Saturday” last weekend at the local drumshop and while attending, I tried the new Saturn V exotic. And man, did I get blown away! The clarity and the tone of the toms, the fat punchy bottom of the kick...they sounded just...perfect to my ears. Not to mention the looks...damn that Cherry mist over that burl maple is just gorgeus.
    I still want a custom Varus kit but that would be more than twice the cost of the Mapex.
    Two kicks, three racks and two floors for roughly 3500 bucks isn’t a bad deal in my book. Plus hardware of course, that’s another 1500$.
    D39A071D-CBB2-4067-828D-62495E0B5187.jpg
    Now, where did I put that lottery ticket...
    Yeah, I love mine. My kit at top of page is a 8 piece kit, pic showing it cut down a little.

  18. #2868

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Planning on a 7X13 Black Panther maple blaster snare to top it off. . . . . . . . . .tempted.

  19. #2869

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Mapex Saturns sound phenomenal.

  20. #2870

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Mapex Saturns sound phenomenal.
    I can attest to that. I've had the opportunity to play lots of different kits (DW (maple, cherry), starclassics, bearing edge, Gretsch USA, Ludwig USA, etc.), and I'd put the Saturns up against any of them. I'm not saying that they're "better", but they have a sound that I absolutely love. I still can't believe that I got my shells for $425.
    Mmm... Saturns.

  21. #2871

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Just posted the driver's seat view, but here are my Saturn 5's at a charity ball last Saturday. LOVE this kit! Loddon Hall Nov.jpgLoddon Hall Charity Ball Nov.jpg
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!

    Protection Racket cases

    E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

    www.hennessyband.co.uk

  22. #2872

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazza View Post
    Just posted the driver's seat view, but here are my Saturn 5's at a charity ball last Saturday. LOVE this kit! Loddon Hall Nov.jpgLoddon Hall Charity Ball Nov.jpg
    Nice pic Grazza, truly love my Saturns. I have a 8X8 amber burl tom new in the box that's serving me no purpose. Somehow I have to figure a way to unload it ( by selling ) it. I'm in Southern California and the tom is a UK finish. My set is a ash burl finish and I already have one. I'm tripping on it LOL! Long story how I acquired it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •