Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2948

Thread: DW Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tamashane View Post
    Beautiful kit. Too bad the rest was sold. But still, really nice. Love the color.
    Thanks Tamashane!

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Gorgeous kit, that red is nice. I love my 24" kick but am also thinking a 22 would be easier to gig out and will sound pretty close.
    Thanks MDK. When I A/B'd the 24" vs the 22" they had a different head combo to one another. They sounded quite different but it's likely the heads.
    Last edited by Cpt. Canuck; 08-16-2017 at 09:38 PM.

User Info Menu

I got major GAS for this snare. I must start saving now!!
    $425 USD

DW's Eco-X Snare delivers cutting highs with cracking rimshots as well as huge, full bottom end, with all of the warmth, resonance, and attack that collector's Series drums are known for. The Eco-X snare satisfies drummer's needs with its huge sound and full frequency range.

The unique, US-made hybrid bamboo/birch shell provides increased high-end attack, while DW's X Shell technology offers unprecedented low-end response. Plus, DW drummer-friendly features such as True Pitch Tuning, STM (Suspension Tom Mounts), Proportional Counter Hoops and DW Heads by Remo USA all come standard. It's a giant leap forward in shell technology and everyone wins!

Features:

14" x 5-1/2" hybrid bamboo/birch shell
    3 Position butt plate
    Mag Throw-Off
    True Pitch Tuning
    Proportional Counter Hoops
    Made in the USA
    DW Heads by Remo USA

User Info Menu

You're so easy, Rich.

G.A.S. up!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    You're so easy, Rich.

G.A.S. up!
    Aye, aye Cap'n!

User Info Menu

^^hahahahahahaha

User Info Menu

Just bought a new skb hard case after a close call with my new collectors 14 x 6.5 maple snare in a soft bag. I am impressed with the case but the snare will only fir into the case in 2 positions due to the throw off and it is snug. skb.jpg

skb1.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Good call on the hard case. If you gig with a pro level kit you really need hard cases. The protection is well worth the cost and the peace of mind is priceless. I've said it before. My kit (DW) has done around 500 shows and still looks like new. I'm using the same Humes & Berg cases that I bought with the drums in '97 plus two SKB cases for my snares. Both brands are excellent. You've done a good thing my friend.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

No offense to anyone here but I truly can't believe people use soft cases.
    I play and travel so much and have seen so many accidents and etc and my hardcases have saved me from heart attacks several times!
    No matter how careful you are mistakes and accidents do happen.

If you're going to invest into a high end kit you truly need to invest into protecting them too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I play and travel so much and have seen so many accidents and etc and my hardcases have saved me from heart attacks several times!

If you're going to invest into a high end kit you truly need to invest into protecting them too.
    Good point but honestly I gig abut 2 times a month and stay local for the most part. I tried hard cases for my whole kit a few times but the added weight was really ridiculous and that is why I went to soft cases with exception now to my snare : ).. ..

90% of the time I gig my $500 Sonor birch kit and I have the really good ahead armor soft cases, granted they are still soft cases but much better than the thin gator/roadrunner style bags. I still may get hard cases for my collectors for the rare times I do gig it but man the added weight really sucks but I will probably regret it someday if I don't.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Well after 11 years of playing I have finally scratched the itch and am now a DW Collectors owner. ( Special shout out to Late8 for turning me on to reverb just in time)

I Just got my new to me 3pc gorgeous green sparkle kit unboxed. I will need to change the bass drum heads asI am not a big fan of fibreskyn heads but the bass drum sounds pretty good even with those thick heads on it. The floor tom sounds thunderous, easily the best 16 floor tom I have ever owned and the 13 sounds great as all DW collector 13"s do IMO. I will need to change the heads on that one as well. Not much time to set up and actually play these initial opinions are from just tapping them out of the box. I will take more pics when I get it all set up to play.

Not sure how to rotate these pics?

Kit sizes are BD 24 x 16, Rack tom 13 x 9, and floor tom 16 x 16. will hope to get a matching snare down the road. I paid $1850 including shipping.

Attachment 13713
    Attachment 13714
    Attachment 13715
    next to my Premier kit
    Attachment 13716
    Hey man!!! I have spent literally zero time here on Drumchat since well before this post of yours.... and though I MAY have seen this green DW kit and commented on it, I don’t think so... If I did, the early senility lets me see new things over and over. Congratulations (ever so late) on the DW kit. You’ve had some time with them now, so what’s the verdict? I’ve missed talking with you a lot!!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Hey man!!! I have spent literally zero time here on Drumchat since well before this post of yours.... and though I MAY have seen this green DW kit and commented on it, I don’t think so... If I did, the early senility lets me see new things over and over. Congratulations (ever so late) on the DW kit. You’ve had some time with them now, so what’s the verdict? I’ve missed talking with you a lot!!
    Hey Curt how ya been buddy? sorry so late been busy and somehow missed this post. I will pm ya.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

No offense taken Spaz...not everybody falls under the same circumstances as you (i.e. play and travel so much). If I played drums for a living and I was on the road six months out of the year yes, I'd make the investment in hard cases but I'm like MDK, I may play out or move my kit maybe twice a month and most of the time it is a 45 minute drive across town and I load/unload my own kit and sometimes, I don't even put my kit in cases since it goes from the trunk and right into the studio

User Info Menu

Hey Curt how ya been buddy? sorry so late been busy and somehow missed this post. I will pm ya.
    Beat ya too it, man....check your PMs
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

S'up everyone? I haven't posted in a while but I hope to be back regularly. I love the new kit, MDK.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

welcome back!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Spaz.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Got myself a new snare.

First badge 80's/early 90's brass model with upgraded Mag throw and 3 point release:

Looking forward to receiving it.

Regarding cases/bags.

Try Protection racket AAA its the best of both worlds. Light as a bag and protective as a case. I bought a set last year and it was the best purchase in a long time.

User Info Menu

^Nice!!

User Info Menu

Hi, Im kinda new to the forum, finally able to kick my electric drums since I moved to a house (no basement but whatever) and Im debating purchasing the DW performance series new or the collectors series used. I can hear a slight difference but nothing incredible. Any insights from you all who have played both? Im kind of in a musical instrument desert here, no collectors anywhere and its hit and miss at GC which is a 45 minute drive.

User Info Menu

20180313_140002.jpg
    I got this Edge 10 days ago to complement my kit. I wish it had the satin chrome hardware also, but I may swap it out some time down the road. I've been making lots of additions and changes to the kit recently getting ready for the upcoming summer gig season.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

oh my good lord that is gorgeous!!!
    Bet it set you back a penny or two!
    but WORTH it

User Info Menu

After 26 years onnYamah (with a quick back and forth to DW a few tears ago) I finally took the plunge and went full DW.

With huge thanks to old dutch drum forum member Animal aka Luuk.

8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13, 22x18 (2x) 21x16 (gong)

Collector’s Maple in Satin Specialty Cherry To Black Burst with Black Chrome hardware.

Born in 2003, 2006 (8” and gong drum) and 2007 (second kick) in mint condition.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice DW kit for sure.

How's the balance of the single legged Yamaha stand holding all three rack toms!?!?
    Makes me weak looking at that.

User Info Menu

Nice !
    The black chrome hardware looks pretty good with that finish.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)