Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1386

Thread: Ludwig Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

Looks amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

blue/,olive round corner badge drums,very nice, nice to have those,especially all those sizes and double 24x16 nice kit,

User Info Menu

Thanks , its been around the block , it also as the rivets at the wrap joints wich seems to be rare .

User Info Menu

Holy Moly! That's quite a rig. It looks like a whole set of floor toms. From the picture, it looks like you're getting ready to rock on!!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlly deadlly View Post
    Thanks , its been around the block , it also as the rivets at the wrap joints wich seems to be rare .
    Great looking Ludwigs man!

User Info Menu

Just got this 5-piece Ludwig Element kit. My word these drums rule! I never would have thought a $350 kit could sound so similar (and maybe even better) than my old equally-sized DW's, but man... this kit is such a steal. The snare is sort of "meh" compared to my other snares, but I'm sure with proper tuning and perhaps specific uses it'd be perfect.

I needed (well, wanted) a smaller kit for the blues/pop trio I've been playing in, and this was the freaking ticket. I highly recommend this series to anybody who doesn't want to spend a ton but wants some great modern and classic drum sounds all in one kit!

Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post
    just got this 5-piece ludwig element kit. My word these drums rule! I never would have thought a $350 kit could sound so similar (and maybe even better) than my old equally-sized dw's, but man... This kit is such a steal. The snare is sort of "meh" compared to my other snares, but i'm sure with proper tuning and perhaps specific uses it'd be perfect.

I needed (well, wanted) a smaller kit for the blues/pop trio i've been playing in, and this was the freaking ticket. I highly recommend this series to anybody who doesn't want to spend a ton but wants some great modern and classic drum sounds all in one kit!

sweet!!! $300?? Omg!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig

Hi. I am new to Drum Chat so sorry if I jump in the middle of conversation. this is a Ludwig thread and I have several ludwig sets. Like them all. heres an off beat question regarding another brand though. anyone heard anything adverse about Peace drums? I am looking at the top two series made by them, the Paragon I believe and the Kahuna. thanks

User Info Menu

Just got this 5-piece Ludwig Element kit. My word these drums rule! I never would have thought a $350 kit could sound so similar (and maybe even better) than my old equally-sized DW's, but man... this kit is such a steal. The snare is sort of "meh" compared to my other snares, but I'm sure with proper tuning and perhaps specific uses it'd be perfect.

I needed (well, wanted) a smaller kit for the blues/pop trio I've been playing in, and this was the freaking ticket. I highly recommend this series to anybody who doesn't want to spend a ton but wants some great modern and classic drum sounds all in one kit!

10 lug 20" Bass drum? Only other kit I have seen that on was a Mapex Saturn. Nice find I will give them a listen
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig

Gorgeous kit............. for that price, you can't lose!

Quote Originally Posted by frpeters View Post
    Hi. I am new to Drum Chat so sorry if I jump in the middle of conversation. this is a Ludwig thread and I have several ludwig sets. Like them all. heres an off beat question regarding another brand though. anyone heard anything adverse about Peace drums? I am looking at the top two series made by them, the Paragon I believe and the Kahuna. thanks
    Welcome to DC......................I don't know anything about the Peace kits...........I'm sure someone on here has played around on them

User Info Menu

thanks for your reply. Im sure somebody knows something. BTW is your element kit in the Red burst finish? Is it an element birch?

User Info Menu

Getting close to having all the parts I need for one of my Ludwig projects. I picked up a set of 8) P2250 Mach lugs and 8) P2240 bow tie lugs today.

The Mach lugs will go on a 16x14 concert tom. The bow ties will go on a 14x10 concert tom (converting both to double heads). The bass is 28x14 and already has Mach lugs. I wanted a set of the P2239 long bow ties, or even the short Mach lugs, for the 14x10. They're both just impossible to find used. These are all off of marching drums, so they're plentiful and cheap. Here's a pic of the bass and FT shells. The 13x9 in the pic is from another kit and will be replaced with a 14x10. Still looking for an 18x16 FT to complete the kit.

When the shells are done, I'm going to wrap them in this prism gold sparkle (example photo below). Should look awesome on stage.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 06-24-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Getting close to having all the parts I need for one of my Ludwig projects. I picked up a set of 8) P2250 Mach lugs and 8) P2240 bow tie lugs today.

The Mach lugs will go on a 16x14 concert tom. The bow ties will go on a 14x10 concert tom (converting both to double heads). The bass is 28x14 and already has Mach lugs. I wanted a set of the P2239 long bow ties, or even the short Mach lugs, for the 14x10. They're both just impossible to find used. These are all off of marching drums, so they're plentiful and cheap. Here's a pic of the bass and FT shells. The 13x9 in the pic is from another kit and will be replaced with a 14x10. Still looking for an 18x16 FT to complete the kit.

When the shells are done, I'm going to wrap them in this prism gold sparkle (example photo below). Should look awesome on stage.
    Holy Moly! That's going to look sweet. That wrap is just too cool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Holy Moly! That's going to look sweet. That wrap is just too cool.
    A little "flashy" for my normal taste, but the 28" bass and Mach lugs require a bold statement. I was planning on orange sparkle, but when I saw the prism gold, I knew there was no other option. Not looking forward to removing the walnut cortex off the 16". That cortex wrap is like the old Formica counter tops of the 70s. It's gonna take a heat gun, some Goo Gone and LOTS of patience. I'll have around $600 in the kit and a couple months of labor. But, it will be all early 70's Ludwig, unique sizes and a head-turner.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm not much for sparkles, but I guess it'll do.

Seriously, that is going to look eye popping. Very nice blend of sight to match the sound!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

The flashiness of the wrap and powerful sound of the shells will be offset by my milk-toast playing style....Like Mit Romney driving a '70 Hemi 'Cuda. Someone's gonna have to make a trip here to play 'em properly.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Keystones

User Info Menu

Not a fan of their Carl Palmer snare ,beautiful looking ,but has a poorly designed throwoff.
    In a word ,the snares will not disengage fully.
    Talked to a couple of drum doctors here in the SF bay area and their take was just a poor design.
    You would think for a $359 buck snare ,it would at least function as a snare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_r6UoKOjQ
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Not a fan of their Carl Palmer snare ,beautiful looking ,but has a poorly designed throwoff.
    In a word ,the snares will not disengage fully.
    Talked to a couple of drum doctors here in the SF bay area and their take was just a poor design.
    You would think for a $359 buck snare ,it would at least function as a snare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_r6UoKOjQ
    I'm a Ludwig guy thru and thru, but that throw looks similar to the crappy one on my Black Magic. You are right, you would think for the price they would include a better strainer.

My Supraphonic is from 1971, has the traditional P85 and has never given me a problem in 45 years! THAT should be the default throw off on all their snares, although I understand the newer versions have some issues, too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joecut View Post
    I'm a Ludwig guy thru and thru, but that throw looks similar to the crappy one on my Black Magic. You are right, you would think for the price they would include a better strainer.

My Supraphonic is from 1971, has the traditional P85 and has never given me a problem in 45 years! THAT should be the default throw off on all their snares, although I understand the newer versions have some issues, too.
    That's the one I'm talking about! Still the best throw I've come across.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I've posted these elsewhere but decided to also post them here where they belong ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Keystones

Love these ...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    That's purdy.

User Info Menu

Hey folks, I used to have a 1991 Super Classic Maple kit, which I sold in 1998 or so, but feeling nostalgic I recently picked up this 22 year old 1995 model Ludwig Acrolite Black Galaxy. I should have taken a before picture because it was so dirty and had the original (completely disintegrating) heads on it. You wouldn't believe this is the same drum. It cleaned up like new! It's so lovely. I changed out the heads and the snare wires, but other than that, just cleaned it. The sound is tight and loud. I look forward to playing it with the band.

Last edited by CollinCo.Drummer; 02-17-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!