Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1386

Thread: Ludwig Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

I had a killer set of green vistalites in the 70's.....awwwwww the good old days!

User Info Menu

gdmoore, I do see where you are coming from. I have Ebony heads on all my silver sparkle drums. I like the black and silver combination. Here is another one of my sets that may be more to your liking. I have white reso heads on my 1968 Champagne and 1958 Gold Sparkle sets.

Last edited by VIbes; 11-19-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

My longtime dream is to own a classic maple Luddie. Now I know I want this dream to become reality.
    So many drool worthy drum sets on these boards!!

Here's my Asian built " Ludwig " kit.

I must say that this kit really does sound good. Can only imagine how awesome a new Legacy would be!

LUDWIG ELEMENT ICON BIRCH
    Last edited by wOOdshedd; 11-19-2015 at 07:01 PM.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny2eyes View Post
    I had a killer set of green vistalites in the 70's.....awwwwww the good old days!
    I had the smoke ones. I kinda miss those drums. They sounded so good.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    gdmoore, I do see where you are coming from. I have Ebony heads on all my silver sparkle drums. I like the black and silver combination. Here is another one of my sets that may be more to your liking. I have white reso heads on my 1968 Champagne and 1958 Gold Sparkle sets.

Wow. Those are sweeeeet. What I like about vintage Ludwig is its like looking at a classic muscle car. It just brings back memories of better days. I REALLY need to start on my 2 vintage Ludwig projects this winter.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Wow. Those are sweeeeet. What I like about vintage Ludwig is its like looking at a classic muscle car. It just brings back memories of better days. I REALLY need to start on my 2 vintage Ludwig projects this winter.
    Awesome. And I agree with the muscle car comparison.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. It's true, I have used the muscle car comparison too. These type Luwig sets are just so solid. I feel lucky and honored to own and play these sets.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Whoa! Nice!

Something about the look of the classic Ludwigs

Sound too of course!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wOOdshedd View Post
    My longtime dream is to own a classic maple Luddie. Now I know I want this dream to become reality.
    So many drool worthy drum sets on these boards!!

Here's my Asian built " Ludwig " kit.

I must say that this kit really does sound good. Can only imagine how awesome a new Legacy would be!

LUDWIG ELEMENT ICON BIRCH
    I agree those Asian sets sound great,I used to have a 6 PC Epic kit really nice and well made..but I love those vintage Ludwig's as well I look on cl all the time but one kit is enough for me,I'll probably try to sway the wife one day that I need a vintage Ludwig snare though(pioneer or super classic)... those that Vibes owns are beautiful kits
    Last edited by myk; 11-20-2015 at 10:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    I agree those Asian sets sound great,I used to have a 6 PC Epic kit really nice and well made..but I love those vintage Ludwig's as well I look on cl all the time but one kit is enough for me,I'll probably try to sway the wife one day that I need a vintage Ludwig snare though(pioneer or super classic)... those that Vibes owns are beautiful kits
    The build quality is top shelf on my Element kit! The only thing I want to do with them is slap a couple of coats of clear lacquer on the shell interiors but yeah,
    I'm always on the look for an old classic 3 ply. Heck even a standard would be the cat's jammies! Something about the old Luds that is just so alluring for me!
    Last edited by wOOdshedd; 11-21-2015 at 12:54 AM.

User Info Menu

I seen this kit at GC and want it. I dated them to 1976 which is the year I was born. The asking price is $899. If I had the cash I would be bringing them home with me lol

User Info Menu

Wow 7 PC,if they are all matching, no cracking or crazing that's certainly a great price especially with the snare

User Info Menu

If I were you, I would find the money and buy them. You must have a credit card around somewhere, no?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    I seen this kit at GC and want it. I dated them to 1976 which is the year I was born. The asking price is $899. If I had the cash I would be bringing them home with me lol

Yes this is a good deal and is highly desired by many. The hoops should have a silver sparkle inlay but no biggie. Really worth it if nothing is cracked as mentioned.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-02-2015 at 09:03 AM.

User Info Menu

Shawn................

Assuming no cracks and authenticity, you need to strongly consider finding $900 today.
    Seven pc. including snare.............is a score.
    Even without the two small concert toms, this is a classic 2-up, 1-down configuration.
    With today's clamp options you could easily have this set at 1-up, 2-down.

However, the two traditional rack toms look to be the same size.............given that the shells appear (could be bad photography) slightly different color, is it possible that this is a combination of two different kits ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Wow! Grab them, while you can!!!

User Info Menu

The snare does have a crack in it and if I had the money I would jump on them in a heartbeat. They are all the same year by checking serial numbers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    The snare does have a crack in it and if I had the money I would jump on them in a heartbeat. They are all the same year by checking serial numbers.
    No rich aunt, uncle, credit card, money mart, or Amscott?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post

Ohhh! The champagne kit takes my breath away! My second Ludwig kit was identical except for being a 4-piece. That's classic and lovely. Thanks for posting that pic. Brings back lots of pleasant memories.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    No rich aunt, uncle, credit card, money mart, or Amscott?

all the best...
    No sorry none of those,If I did I would likely rebuild another Yamaha kit the same size I owned but I don't have the $3000 to do that even lol

User Info Menu

That's a shame. If I lived around there I would grab those for 900, glean out a nice little 4 piece set and keep the rest in the closet on stand by.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Hi guys , i am new to the forum but kinda used to drumming , some very nice drums in here , and many interesting treads , i could not find the introduce your self tread , hey i am drummer dont ask too much , anyhow here is a pic of my ol rig , its been around the block but it still does the job , i bouth it new in 1984 wich was probly the worst time in Ludwig history to buy a drum set , i ll spare you the details , its a white cortex classic power tom set , 6,8,10x9 , 13x12,14x13,16x16 ,18x16,24x16 x2 ,the snare is a Ludwig 14X 6,1/2 hand hammered bronze shell with top and bottom die cast hoops and super-sensitive strainer , rack is gibraltar , cybals are mainly ziljian ,some vintage 18 crashes , 2 a custom 18 a fast crash ans a crash , two 19 crashes : 1 rock crash and a heavy crash , two long disscoutinued impulse : 18 china type and 16 crash , 70 s swish :18 and 20 (not shown) , one 16 crash paiste rude , one 18 paiste ride , one 18 paiste china type , hi-hats are a mix of brands ,on the stand the top is a 15 ziljian quick beat with a paiste sound edge bottom , on the remote hat ,the top is an 18 paiste cut to 15 inches with the quick beat bottom , i also have an 18 inche paiste gong with stand , never had much use for that but it came with the 2 swishes in a deal long ago , i have a pearl 14 x 6 1/2 with die cast hoops , never new wich exact model it is , hi hat stand is another antique piece ,its a tama titan series from 81 (would have to check the receit to be sure of the year ) , and the brochure at the time said :made to last a life time , and it sure was true , i just last year broke the metal link between the foot board and spring , at the time i also got 2 tama titan king beat single pedals wish still work like new , altho i now use a double gibraltar pedal when its a small gig , 1 speed king collecting dust , a few early 80 japenese stands wich at the time was the cheapo stuff , well .... 30 plus years later they still work fine , i have all the mics for it , 421 s ,57 s , etc, i have my own rack mount for monitoring/recording , with a small 16 channels yamaha board , alesis quad verb, gates, eq etc , passive 18 inche sub with two 15 inche active plastic on top , i mainly use in ear headphones tho , i guess thats about it exept i bought a 1995 mint super classic last week ,i may describe that if any of you guys have interests , thanks to the moderators for accepting me on this board , and in doubt blame the drummer .,

User Info Menu

Thanks to the admins for approval of the above post , i realy appreciate it , i do not presently have an hosting site for pics , i will try to look into that eventualy , also the ponctuation in the text seems very poor ,but the text format was a column at first , at least i meant for it to be , also i do not use any spell check , i am a french canadian ,so pardon my bad english .

User Info Menu

Ok ,testing to post images ,

Well what do ya know, seems to be working ,and on the first try , huuuum , since that was a semi private party and we were ask to play a lot of DIO , (and as i am writing this a dio tunes come s up on the net radio , thats spooky ), i decided to give it a little vinny look , in memoriam , rock in piece stargazer ....

User Info Menu

Love it. Very 'Vinnie' and looks like a lot of fun to play, too.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!