Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Premier Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Premier Drums Discussion

Nicely done! I like the graphics on the wrap. Looks 100% better than before. You must be really happy by the way they turned out.

User Info Menu

You're right Late8. I couldn't be more happy with how they turned out! Not to mention, they sound awesome.

User Info Menu

It's hheeeere

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Seriously?! A box?! You post nothing but a box?!
    Tease
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Seriously?! A box?! You post nothing but a box?!
    Tease
    LOL sorry, I have not had a chance to go through the whole kit yet but so far looks good. Here are a few pics.

Last edited by MDK; 04-10-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Here are the dents on the BD batter side bearing edge. I am gonna contact Amazon after I look at the rest of the kit tonight. Looks like something that happened with shipping and or packaging failure.

This is what it looked like when I opened the box and removed the 22" heads from the top. Looks like the FT leg clamp may have repeatedly banged into the BD bearing edge? Can probably be sanded smooth but not sure.

7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Beautiful drums! Unless you're experienced with sanding bearing edges, I wouldn't attempt to fix it. I would try and get it replaced first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

You'd think the companies would put some type of cheap plastic edging around the bearing edges once they're cut. Just to protect it during shipment.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Great looking kit, sucks about the bearing edges though. I would definitely have it replaced, you should never have to repair a brand new anything that's damaged coming out of the box!

User Info Menu

Anyone know how i start a new thread?

User Info Menu

Called Amazon and they are going to send a new bass drum. I don't know what is going on with these kits but the prices on all have gone wayyy up again? I paid $904 for my 4pc and now they have the same color kit on amazon for $3700 and it is only a 3pc?
    Last edited by MDK; 09-28-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Absolutely love the lugs on those things! Very unique. Like an ocean wave.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Hi all,

I started drumming this summer, and just bought myself a used Premier kit, a big upgrade from my previous junk. However, I dont know so much about the drums, maybe you can give me some history and info?

From what I know, its from around 1999-2000, and built in maple. The badges say Premier Artist Custom, and on the receipt it reads "metal edition". I just replaced the batter heads to ambassadors, and the snare is next to get new skins.

Can someone help out with some info? I will try to attach pics in next post, seems a bit tricky :-)

BR and happy new year!

/Petter in Sweden

User Info Menu

No success with posting pics :-( I read the pic posting threads but haven't managed yet.

P

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PetterAlex View Post
    No success with posting pics :-( I read the pic posting threads but haven't managed yet.

P
    I think you need to have a minimum number of posts before posting pics.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Yes, you need at least 10 posts and the reason for that is the Moderator wants to make sure that you are not spamming before approving. Be patient it will happen and welcome to DC.

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot!

I tried a number of times...so I guess I have to clean up some duplicate posts when they eventually get approved :-)

Anyways, nice to be aboard, and merry christmas!

Petter

User Info Menu

Same to you PA

User Info Menu

Do someone know where Premier drums are made in these days? England or overseas?

Petter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PetterAlex View Post
    Do someone know where Premier drums are made in these days? England or overseas?

Petter
    England is Overseas I believe mine like alot of high end kits nowadays are made in China. I should research it a little I guess. I am really loving my Elites.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Read Genista maple and birch series are built in Taiwan. Others still built in England.

User Info Menu

Thanks. Yes true, England is overseas! Also from Sweden, even it its just across the north sea. :-)

Investigations on the 1999 (?) Artist Custom Maple still ongoing...cant find so much about them on the internet, though.

P

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Called Amazon and they are going to send a new bass drum. I don't know what is going on with these kits but the prices on all have gone wayyy up again? I paid $904 for my 4pc and now they have the same color kit on amazon for $3700 and it is only a 3pc?
    I saw a TV report about Amazon's pricing. Evidently their prices change all the time for items: ex. was a 42" TV cost twice as much in August as it did in November! Reporter talked about apps that scan the net for best prices and even past prices.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Couple of pics of my Elites on New Years eve playing for an Elvis Impersonator. Kit sounded huge and got all kinds of compliments from 2 sound guys and a few others involved with the show.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Killer,Killer,KILLER!!