Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Premier Drums Discussion

I haven't tried premier yet but Nicko Mcbrain uses it!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Cool pictures, QS.

Those are great!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish. And thanks for the sticky!
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

You all know by now how I feel about PREMIER! Best kit I have ever played on or heard..I have owned, Pearl, Tama, DW, most recent Yamaha before I stumbled into my Premier XPK kit, Its tremendous..big difference, I think that the vintage or older stuff is/ was better...at anyrate...I wouldent trade mine for any kit at this point, they just cannot match it! Premier Rocks! I use a Mapex Black panther 14x5.5 steel snare with the kit

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ums2009042.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    Thanks Bish. And thanks for the sticky!

It wasn't me on the sticky. It might have been our fearless leader.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billnolan View Post
    You all know by now how I feel about PREMIER! Best kit I have ever played on or heard..I have owned, Pearl, Tama, DW, most recent Yamaha before I stumbled into my Premier XPK kit, Its tremendous..big difference, I think that the vintage or older stuff is/ was better...at anyrate...I wouldent trade mine for any kit at this point, they just cannot match it! Premier Rocks! I use a Mapex Black panther 14x5.5 steel snare with the kit

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ums2009042.jpg

awesome picture!! want want want that kit! :D
    IRON MAIDEN

User Info Menu

Nice kit bill! I think if I got a new kit and it wasn't custom, it would definitely come down between a Premier like yours or a Mapex (I'm stuck on those hexagonal L rods). My vintage kit sounds awesome and I'd love to have a new one to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

It wasn't me on the sticky. It might have been our fearless leader.
    Oops! Thank you anonymous sticky maker person!
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Premiers are emmense. I play a 1980's APK rock kit set up.

User Info Menu

Pics?

User Info Menu

My kit i currently have is a piano black mid 80's to early 90's Premier APK. Best kit i have ever had.

Premier FTW (for the win)

User Info Menu

I have a Premier Signia Marquis snare drum. I like it very much - a solid snare, looks and sounds great. I bought it second hand in a local drum shop last year. From the information I received about it on the internet it was made in the Premier factory in Leicester, England. I was told they are now made offshore?

In 1973 I bought a Premier 2004......sold it with my Gretsch Round badge in 1976 saddly to say. This is what it looked like...........a beauty of a drum. Snares on bottom and under the batter head. I remember paying about $100 plus trading in my Gretsch snare......to Ray Ayotte at Drums Only! in Vancouver, BC. http://vintprem.moonfruit.com/#/unus...ums/4513489088

The only photo I have of the Premier 2004 snare is this shot of my Gretsch in 1975 (the bass drum is from my first kit in 1965 - some Japanese drums).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kona; 01-30-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Nice!
    I was watching a set like mine on Ebay today... with the snare... if I didn't need the money for something else I would have grabbed it. :(

User Info Menu

Here's a couple of pics of my dads kit from a while ago, he has another two toms now.
    It's a Signia maple in cherrywood finish. One of the best looking kits I've ever seen.
    P1010376.jpg
    P1010377.jpg

The next two pics are from when me and my dad were in Leicstershire, and happened to drive past the Premier factory, we had to stop to have a look. It was a Sunday, and it was closed, so we couldn't get any further than the gates. Just think, all the drums played by Keith Moon, Nicko McBrain, Clem Burke (until recently), and Steve White have come from within those walls.

(Oh, and as a note to kona, your Signia Marquis snare was made here too, and the new ones, as far as I know, are built in Premier factories in China and then shipped over here for finishing.)
    P1010066.jpg
    P1010069.jpg

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=LukeHarrison;162481]Here's a couple of pics of my dads kit from a while ago, he has another two toms now.
    It's a Signia maple in cherrywood finish. One of the best looking kits I've ever seen.

(Oh, and as a note to kona, your Signia Marquis snare was made here too, and the new ones, as far as I know, are built in Premier factories in China and then shipped over here for finishing.)

Thanks LukeHarrison for the information and great photos of your dad's drums and the Premier factory - great story.

My first drum teacher back in 1964/65 had a 5pc jet black set of Premier drums. His kit had a geat impression on me at the time I remember.

This is my Signia snare.
    It's very sturdy, great quality and sounds as nice as it looks.
    Gary

User Info Menu

moon played premier

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    moon played premier
    Ya - that's his kit in the window of the Premier factory.......I do believe.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Yeah, it is. Well, it's actually one of their reissue models released a couple of years ago now, but it's missing a mounted tom, a floor tom and a snare drum. Still looks mighty impressive sat up there, staring out across Leicstershire!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=LukeHarrison;162481]Here's a couple of pics of my dads kit from a while ago, he has another two toms now.
    P1010376.jpg
    P1010377.jpg

The next two pics are from when me and my dad were in Leicstershire, and happened to drive past the Premier factory, we had to stop to have a look. It was a Sunday, and it was closed, so we couldn't get any further than the gates. Just think, all the drums played by Keith Moon, Nicko McBrain, Clem Burke (until recently), and Steve White have come from within those walls.

Whoa I'd love to see the Premier factory one day! I haven't seen it before

User Info Menu

McBrain still plays Premier! They are Lovely drums, I have never seen another kit by any other company that even comes close to the workmanship on some of the Premier drums...that signia kit in the photos above are stunning! Premier makes the best "Rock" kits in the world!

User Info Menu

I love those full length tube lugs!

Moonie can attest to the Premier craftsmanship. He tested their strength quite often...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIG06saPRHc&eurl

User Info Menu

wow, i was wrong from before, i figured him for a ludwig guy

User Info Menu

Anybody know where you can purchase Premier in the U.S. right now? They seem to be impossible to find. I briefly owned a Premier Artist rock kit that I got from one of the online megastores for a closeout price of $499! Unbelievable price. It was a great kit in the Rosewood finish and a giant brass snare (7x14, I think).

BUT--the box it arrived in was shredded. Surprisingly, it was okay except the hoops were warped slightly, and I couldn't get them replaced. I should have kept the kit or at least the snare, but I foolishly sent it all back. I wouldn't mind having that back!

I'd love some help in getting another set of Premiers...
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

ive seen one at chicago music shop in tucson arizona. but i dont know of anywhere else. i know they sell marching band type drum related things on musicians friend.. but if you got a pearl masters, why on earth would you want a 500 dollar premier anyway

User Info Menu

I'm keeping the Masters. I bought and returned Premier about two years ago. I just wanted to know who sells it anymore. It seems to have disappeared largely from the U.S. Premier has some great higher end that I'd love to check out in person...
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    I love those full length tube lugs!

Moonie can attest to the Premier craftsmanship. He tested their strength quite often...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIG06saPRHc&eurl
    This is on the "The Kids Are Alright" DVD too isn't it. Why do the audience keep throwing the drums back at him? I'd have taken that 2000 snare, maybe one of the floor toms and ran out of there as fast as my legs would carry me