Thread: Best [affordable] Drum Thrones

User Info Menu

Default Best [affordable] Drum Thrones

Ok, so I'm not a drummer, but I play one on TV.
    Seriously though, I own a fully equipped rehearsal studio in Boston and have been plagued with drum throne issues since opening 3 years ago. First I tried cheap ones and replaced them every 3 months, Then I tried some moderately priced, threaded ones which fell apart faster than the cheapo Tama ones. I am now stocked with $80 Tama thrones, not threaded, but do require a drum key to use the memory lock to lock in the height adjustment. I provide drum keys in all the rooms, but some folks feel the need to crank thier stuff so tight that it strips the key and the tightening screws & bolts in a week. The main challenge I face, is every drummer has a different height need and our rooms change over every 2 hours a so -7 days a week.

My question is: What is the best drum throne made that is not in the price range of a small SUV? Or would it be worth it to own... say...Roc n Soc's and know that they will last 3 or 4 years?

Thanks.
    Feel free to contact me directly via email steve@jamspot.com

User Info Menu

Thrones seem to be like cybols, you either spend a fortune for a nice one or get a total piece of junk. While they are totally over priced, I like Pork Pie thrones. My son has one waiting under the tree right now.

User Info Menu

hmm....unfortunately due to financials the only experience i have with thrones is a tall kitchen stool with the legs cut down...

User Info Menu

The drum throne I have has been incredibly durable. It's not even a name-brand throne either.

It's sculpted (i.e. it has a groove for your arse, so you're the most comfortable) and the height clamp is built into the bottom of the seat, so you wouldn't have the problem of stripped keys and tightening bolts.

Sorry I can't provide any more info. That's the problem with generic stuff though. No identifiable information.

Here's some pics, hope they help:

My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Nice Throne you got there.
    Personally I like the Pork-Pie throne I just got a new one.. I paided about $200 for it, it's not here yet but from personal expereience it is very comfortable and durabable... I'm betting you wouldn't have too replace if you bought some of those .

User Info Menu

Cheers. It's not anything fancy, but it gets the job done. And its damn comfy for a generic stool.

Arse grooves FTW!

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Hey, if it's comfortable, and durable that's all matters.. If it's DW, Pork - Pike, or something you made out of materials from your garage it's all good

User Info Menu

I have one of the Saddle thrones from PDP and they are comfortable and durable.It's a Threaded throne,And my Band plays shows,Etc...And it hasn't let me down yet...

User Info Menu

Musicians Friend has good deals on things. Order over a $100 and shipping is free

Keith

User Info Menu

WHatever you do get somthing double braced.
    ~John K.~