Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ddrum drums discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ddrum drums discussion

Great vid JDog. Your playing has a very nice easy feel on that song, and the drums sound impressive.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wow, very nice.

Great job!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

got style thats for sure. how do you get them to sound like that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Pulse bass drum and floor tom
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Xweasel, you'd be surprised. They are not bad for a couple hundred dollars for both. I'll have to get a sound clip of them. Truly a good deal!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    My guess is good tuning technique. -Les

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies guys. I wanted to post what I had to show how great these drums sound for the money. Yes it does take good tuning, good heads, etc. but I'll be the first to admit that I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff I'm impressed with what most drum companies are putting out these days. Last thought, I tell most students, etc., drum playing is more than just chops and what not, you need to equally spend the time learning how to make your instrument sound good. I'm definately not a chops guy and I have a ton of work to do on solidifying grooves, but the benefit of recording yourself is that you get to hear just how much work you really need

ROCK ON Guys/Gals!

User Info Menu

shoot! ill say! and maybe jeff ocheltree in your speed dial!

User Info Menu

Anybody play the new ddrum Dios M Series maple kits? I see they're selling them now, and I love the sound of maple, so I'd be interested in hearing how they sound in person...
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

My AMX shells are Maple shells with an Ash wrap on the outside ply for the finish. I haven't had the opportunity to play the Dios kits but here's a video of a dude shredding on a Dios Bubinga kit. Note that the engineers claim they only used some eq, compression, etc.,,, my philosophy is decent drums + decent playing (in this case, amazing playing) + GREAT sound engineering = Awesome results.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rPlDzpCfI"]YouTube - Daniel Cardoso (DDrum testdrive) v2.0 - multi cam[/ame]

User Info Menu

Cool looking kit right there..as for sound?? the best way to tell that is acoustically. No mics, no eqs..just straight with your ears in person. I'm sure they are great sounding kits in that arena as well. Awesome finishes! -Les

User Info Menu

i am really confused about ddrum though. in their amx series, i see multiple colors of the same finishes, and i really dont know what id be getting if i bought them blindly. does rockenwraps finish them?

User Info Menu

I recently purchased a ddrum dominion maple 13x7 blueburst snare drum new on ebay at a steal of a deal. I was going to replace all the lugs with Ego single point tube lugs and tripple flange hoops for more shell resonance. However, the more I played it the more I realized that it was perfect stock. The tone, crack and projection are amazing. when tuned medium it sounds similar to my 14x8 free floater. I absolutely love it!
    Last edited by Reverend D.; 03-11-2009 at 10:37 AM.

User Info Menu

I heard from a reliable source that ddrum doesn't actually make their own kits and that they order sets from other no-name companies and slap their name on it, which is apparently why you can't order components after-the-fact... what other companies do they order from? Or is this not true?
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

This morning i saw a no name snare that looked exactly like ddrum snares. Go figure.

User Info Menu

as far as i know, ddrum is a less expensive custom drum company. are we seriously gonna play the rumor game

User Info Menu

If you want to play the rumor game, that's fine. I just want to figure out if they make their own kits or not.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

My understanding is they somewhat make the drums, ship them to China for assembly and ship them back (Not 100% on where the shells come from, same question though for all other drum companies). My only complaint about ddrum was waiting for a few of my add-ons to arrive. I purchased their 4 piece shell pack (bass, snare, tom, floor tom) and added two more toms and a floor tom. I had to wait about a month for the one tom and floor tom. There were a few dings on the bass drum hoops but other than that, the kit is gorgeous and sounds great to me. 7 piece maple kit, dark satin hardware (not coated mind you), die cast hoops (on all drums), all for under $1,000.

User Info Menu

No question ddrums are a great value!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

hmm, these amx's you got- are they the newer versions then? cause i know the newer ones improved their edges, hardware, and overall quality. imma end up kicking myself for not buying one. how does the amx snare sound? the 7x14 one? cuz thats a size im interested in

User Info Menu

I'm not 100% if these are the "newer" revisions or not. I did hear about some production problems early on with ddrums and I did order my kit after this. I've only had this kit for a few months? I won't tell you that they are better than a higher end kit. My main purpose in picking one of these up was the fact that, taking drum kits on the road, beats the crap out of them. I'm willing to spend money on a kit that sits in the studio, but I needed a roadworthy kit without breaking the bank. In my opinion, ddrum AMX are a perfect fit for this scenario. As for the snare, to be honest, I haven't messed around with it enough to give you feedback (anyone else?). I have been a fan of Pork Pie snares so I will usually rotate through their different models. If I get some time, I'll mess with the ddrum snare and try to record with it.

User Info Menu

Here's a new video playing a Disturbed cover. Note that the track is a minus track so the only drums you hear are the ddrums (whether that's good or bad!).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdcaG44fXw"]YouTube - DDrum AMX Disturbed Cover[/ame]

User Info Menu

I've actually looked into buying a DDrum set here recently. Would anyone recommend them? A local music shop has a few of the dominion series that look fantastic and at a great price right now and I'm really considering picking them up. Any feedback would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

there was a guy on here that couldnt believe his ears when he played some pocket maples. and hes heard a lot of sets..

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    is this never mined