Thread: Help

User Info Menu

Default Help

Im in a band and my house is where were rehersing in my garage but in Florida here it gets REALLY humid and I dont want my kit rusting or the wood to be damaged but I dont want have to carry it and assemble up and down two flights of stairs (three story house) but I also dont want to keep it packed up and only take it out on rehersals what do I do?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help

Go all out on a new acrylic kit with stainless steel hardware.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Roober View Post
    Go all out on a new acrylic kit with stainless steel hardware.

haha good one but lets be realistic

User Info Menu

a de humidifier and making yopur garage air tight are the only options i see. Or buy a junker for the garage and keep the beauty inside.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Yep, if your garage is not climate controlled, you either have to cart it in the house between practices or be prepared for the consequences of the humidity. There's no magic fufu dust you can spray on it to protect it, at least not that I'm aware of.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Would a cover like a heavy fabric tarp work? to put over it.
    Last edited by Beetbox; 02-02-2009 at 07:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beetbox View Post
    Would a cover like a heavy fabric tarp work? to put over it.
    Humidity will still get in from underneath. I think the other option would be getting a cheap kit to keep out there for practice and keep your main kit inside.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Humidity will still get in from underneath. I think the other option would be getting a cheap kit to keep out there for practice and keep your main kit inside.

not even a huge tarp that will cover the set and be large enough to be on the ground because i have a huge tarp thats like 20ft by 20ft.

User Info Menu

It's only a cover, it's not airtight. You can't really compromise on this one, you're going up against the forces of nature.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    It's only a cover, it's not airtight. You can't really compromise on this one, you're going up against the forces of nature.
    I win then because i redesigned my room and now it has a lot of open space so we can practice there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beetbox View Post
    I win then because i redesigned my room and now it has a lot of open space so we can practice there.
    Good idea , that huge tarp will trap moisture under it and be woorse for the set .

User Info Menu

I'm in FL too. We just ran the a/c through the garage too. Set it up so we can disconnect it if need be. Takes a good amount of sealing/insulation skills though.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47