Thread: cymbals?

User Info Menu

Default cymbals?

i was wondering what cymbals are the most un brakable cymbals? not like i have enough money or anything but, what are they, i have a zxt zildijan set but this professional muscian came and said that they`re good cymbals but would only last a month if i`d just hit hard so anyways whats good? i like the look of Z custom but i really dont know.

sorry if this in the wrong place.

User Info Menu

The Z series has really gone down hill in the last ten years. They used to be a good solid strong cymbal, but now a days they are poor quality.

Keith

User Info Menu

I am really starting to like the Sabian name. There are a lot of big names moving to them. That is poof enough for me.

User Info Menu

Yeps, Sabian rules

I got the 14" B8 hihats from them, and They sound good, dont look verry fragile and not verry expensive...

User Info Menu

The ZXTs are entry-level cymbals, and they ARE cheap. Z Customs are a much better made, better sounding, more durable cymbal...the Z Customs were developed specifically for heavy hitters.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Oh, and the ZBT/ZXT and Z Customs are NOT in the same line of cymbals.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Too be honst I'd save up and Get some A Customs or AAX's / HHX you won't regret doing it!
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

thanks people

User Info Menu

any cymbal will break if you play with crappy technique. i have a set of b8pro and zbts (on practice/student kits) and both have been durable. durable yes, however both sets sound like poop compaired to upper line (avedis up) zildjian or sabian.