Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post
    drumchat is a great place to talk drums with other drummers
    "Like No HHWAY!" right on man! -Les

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Dear Guests...

wE AS NUT JOBS DO DRUM TO A NEW BEAT

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Dear Guests...

Yes Folks,this Is Home Like A Haven,to Hundreds Of Da Coolest Disphunktional Phamily In A Place I Like To Call
    "Planet Drum"...Plz Know I Value Da Opinions & Priendship
    Of Each Of My Brudders And Sisters Who Live Here...Thxs
    For Being In My Life
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I havent been a member very long. I go to some other chat sites for drummers and you find the usual smart alecks, flaming everyone and such. I lurked here for a while before posting, and figured out that stuff dont go on here. I just wanted to say thanks to the moderators and the posters here, that make this site so much pleasure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 62656 View Post
    I havent been a member very long. I go to some other chat sites for drummers and you find the usual smart alecks, flaming everyone and such. I lurked here for a while before posting, and figured out that stuff dont go on here. I just wanted to say thanks to the moderators and the posters here, that make this site so much pleasure.
    No question this is a special place where information can be exchanged without people worrying that they're going to get flamed. We have people of all different experience levels, and I for one am grateful to all those who have shared their experience and helped me grow.

It's amazing how people will come here and be timid until they figure out that Drum Chat truly is a "safe" place to post.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i kind of find it intimidating to be among so many people who are going somewhere in drumming when i have no band. but as long as theres someone better, i will learn from anyone.

"i live in world of shadows, but i still keep walking towards the sun, to find the translucent rainbow"

User Info Menu

I can't say enough good things about this forum!!!

User Info Menu

This forum is awesome....just chiming in....I have, and will continue to enjoy my interaction with each member....
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    i kind of find it intimidating to be among so many people who are going somewhere in drumming when i have no band. but as long as theres someone better, i will learn from anyone.

"i live in world of shadows, but i still keep walking towards the sun, to find the translucent rainbow"
    MD... there's a lot of people in here with no band. Don't worry about it. We're all in different phases and degrees of interest and involvement. Just relax and enjoy the process, however big or small.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Dear Guests...

I havent been at drum chat very long but in the last month i have learnt more about drumming than i have in the past 3 years.

Drum Chat rule

User Info Menu

Dito

User Info Menu

Just joined as I am jonesing big time for drum speak! This place looks like a good hang!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Just joined as I am jonesing big time for drum speak! This place looks like a good hang!
    Welcome Lee.. There are alot of years of combined drumming, gigging, repair etc..you name it..if it involves hitting stuff with a stick or your hands experience here on this forum. You have arrived at drumming nirvana! -Les

User Info Menu

they even put up with bass players who are trying to encroach!!!!!!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
    they even put up with bass players who are trying to encroach!!!!!!
    yeh, but not really!!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I will say I've been on alot of different forums for video games drums and other things and this is the only one where even someone who's been playing less than a year can offer advice on certain things because we've all had different experiances with things. This forum is really great and dare I say addictive

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Lee, and if you're jonesing for drumspeak, here's one for ya...paradidle diddle!

Oh, and TD, this forum is not really addictive...not much anyway!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan1992 View Post
    I havent been at drum chat very long but in the last month i have learnt more about drumming than i have in the past 3 years.

Drum Chat rule
    lol good one.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

G'day All,
    I have not been on this site very long, but I have learn't a few things here, & hope to learn more in the future, Rock on.
    Percussion is Power

User Info Menu

It's good to have you among us Alan.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    No question this is a special place where information can be exchanged without people worrying that they're going to get flamed. We have people of all different experience levels, and I for one am grateful to all those who have shared their experience and helped me grow.

It's amazing how people will come here and be timid until they figure out that Drum Chat truly is a "safe" place to post.
    You are right Pastor Bob this is realy a friendly place to come and talk drums. I was with FDL drumsite for about a year and hated it till I found this site. Good job guys. The only beef I have is no one seems to respond too much to the threads that are posted and it would be nice to see an answer with a question.

User Info Menu

If you can find a back issue of Modern Drummer where there was a golf game organised with famous players like Mick Fleetwood, Adrian Young, Joe Sirios from Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Stewart Copeland, Tommy Lee, etc......Copeland has my fave way of describing fellow drummers.....

"The Brotherhood Of The Stick"

That's us to a tee!! (no golf pun intended)

User Info Menu

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the forum.
    I've joined as my son and I take regular drum lessons for the last 2 years. We've been through qtr, 8th, 16th notes, swing, shuffle, improvise and a selection of fills. The amazing thing is that once you think you have started to learn and think you know about drumming our teacher shows us a whole new area. All of a sudden you realise that you've only scratched the surface and have so much to learn.
    So, I've enrolled us on here and already have learnt a few bits n pieces, so thanks to all of the contributors (including the nutjobs!)
    Hope to get to know a few of you.

User Info Menu

Im new to the forum also.Ive been playing off and on for 30 years and wish I had started with lessons instead of teaching myself.I guess its never to late to start.Just reading these pages has helped me.Feels like home already! ~Tim
    Last edited by LudwigLifer; 01-23-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

Larrysperf Guest

Welcome Im also a ludwig lover