Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dear Guests...

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Dear Guests...

Welcome aboard, Tim (LudwigLifer)!

One of my former radio colleagues had a favorite saying that fits right in with what you said earlier: "It's never too late to start, and it's always too soon to quit." I've been playin' for over 25 years (started as a hobby and I've had a few pro gigs here and there), and there is nothing like a great drum teacher to point you in the right direction!

Don't overlook the links to drum lessons at our sister website DrumBum(dot)com, either!

All the best, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dear Guests...

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    I will say I've been on alot of different forums for video games drums and other things and this is the only one where even someone who's been playing less than a year can offer advice on certain things because we've all had different experiances with things. This forum is really great and dare I say addictive
    Of course, no one is an expert on everything!

And anyway...anyone with a Beavis and Butthead icon is alright in my book!
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 01-06-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

The benefit of a drum teacher is they get you doing things you would normally avoid like tackling reading music (avoided that when learning the guitar, more to my shame) and now he got me to perciever with 16ths (I was finding them difficult). He got me to swallow my pride and go back over it and over it and now I love them, in fact enjoy playing them more than a lot of others.

User Info Menu

You know Lionheart, it is truly amazing when it all comes together..there IS something to be said to be taught by a professional instructor, thats when it becomes second nature. Keep it up!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    You know Lionheart, it is truly amazing when it all comes together..there IS something to be said to be taught by a professional instructor, thats when it becomes second nature. Keep it up!
    Cheers MartyM ... though the advice/ encouragement on this site helps too
    salute

User Info Menu

Hi, newb question: I just registered and was activated. I started a thread, but it's not showing up for some reason. Is there a 'wait' period or something for newbs before they can post a new thread? Or do I have to wait a while for it to show up? At all other forums I frequent, new threads post immediately. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tselanne View Post
    Hi, newb question: I just registered and was activated. I started a thread, but it's not showing up for some reason. Is there a 'wait' period or something for newbs before they can post a new thread? Or do I have to wait a while for it to show up? At all other forums I frequent, new threads post immediately. Thanks.
    Welcome TS. Yes there is a short waiting period which is a built in protection against spammers.

However, this post did show so you may be closer than you think.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hi tselanne. I'm not sure what it is, unless maybe you posted something that triggered the need for a moderator's approval. This is a family friendly forum, and one that does not allow spammers, so there is a program filter that monitors the first few posts of new members. Since it all happens in the first few posts, it is only temporary, and the easiest way to deal with it is to just jump in on other threads so that your first few posts go by very quickly.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick response guys! Any idea how many posts I need before I can start a thread?

User Info Menu

Nevermind, it posted. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Yep, once it showed up for the moderators it just needed to be approved and now everyone can see it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Woohoo! Thanks again. If you have any thoughts on my post I've love to hear 'em. It's really driving my nuts. This place seems really cool.... a nice mix between maturity, respect, knowledge, and a slice of nuttiness!

User Info Menu

How long before a new member can start a new thread without Moderator pre-approval?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctaclean View Post
    How long before a new member can start a new thread without Moderator pre-approval?
    I'd have thought you can start a thread straight away as there are many threads on here started by people on their first post asking for advice on something.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

I'm another encroaching bassist. great forum.
    -> Drumkat Turbo, Pintech kick, Alesis DM 10 module & Surge HHat, Roland FP-7 hat trigger <-

User Info Menu

Started a new thread last night still not finding it?

User Info Menu

It's the spam filter software set up for the first 15 or so posts. This is to stop the haters you see on many other forums making this place such a great place to be.

Your post, if caught by the filter, will go through manual moderation by one of the mods. Once you've posted more than the initial limit (15 ish) then all posts go live immediately.

Hope this helps and welcome to DC.