Thread: dont ya just love those....

User Info Menu

Default dont ya just love those....

dont you just love those very old recordings of your favorite bands...

i just got to take a look at some of my farthers old *VHS tapes, and there were quite a few old Queen concerts, from the 70s, i have no idea where he got them, and i really dont care, i just love it, i was thinking of getting them put of a digital media, since *VHS is not the most reliable media out there..

it has some sound drop-outs and the colours are really bad, but its kinda cool to see those old things... in this writing moment i am watching live from earls court from 1977, i bet a lot of us in here were not even born in 1977, i know i was'nt..

*VHS
    it was a magnet strip on two rollers, we used them back in the day to store movies..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: dont ya just love those....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    dont you just love those very old recordings of your favorite bands...

i just got to take a look at some of my farthers old *VHS tapes, and there were quite a few old Queen concerts, from the 70s, i have no idea where he got them, and i really dont care, i just love it, i was thinking of getting them put of a digital media, since *VHS is not the most reliable media out there..

it has some sound drop-outs and the colours are really bad, but its kinda cool to see those old things... in this writing moment i am watching live from earls court from 1977, i bet a lot of us in here were not even born in 1977, i know i was'nt..

*VHS
    it was a magnet strip on two rollers, we used them back in the day to store movies..
    Excellent. I have loads of old VHS tapes. I'm sure there must be stuff of interest on there. Just need to reconnect my player to check them out!

I remember seeing Queen on the TV at Christmas '75 when they showed them in concert at the Hammersmith Odeon. I was hooked.
    I managed to see them live twice, the second time being their last ever gig with Freddie at Knebworth in 1987.

I'm about midway between Freddie's head & the lighting rig on this pic.
    I still consider this gig as the best I've ever been to.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    Excellent. I have loads of old VHS tapes. I'm sure there must be stuff of interest on there. Just need to reconnect my player to check them out!

I remember seeing Queen on the TV at Christmas '75 when they showed them in concert at the Hammersmith Odeon. I was hooked.
    I managed to see them live twice, the second time being their last ever gig with Freddie at Knebworth in 1987.

I'm about midway between Freddie's head & the lighting rig on this pic.
    I still consider this gig as the best I've ever been to.
    i hate to say this... but you saw the knebworth show in 1986... not 87

i wish i have had the chance, but only beein 2 years of age when they did the last show, i probably would'nt even remember it....
    and the fact that the last show they did here in denmark was in 1978, 6 years before i got born...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    i hate to say this... but you saw the knebworth show in 1986... not 87

i wish i have had the chance, but only beein 2 years of age when they did the last show, i probably would'nt even remember it....
    and the fact that the last show they did here in denmark was in 1978, 6 years before i got born...
    Doh! Yes you're right. 86.
    The only downside was that we didn't get out of the car park until around 4.30am, as someone had been stabbed to death & the Police were checking every car. Eventually got home at 7.30am, and hour after I was supposed to be at work!
    Needless to say I went to bed instead!
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

I used to tape a lot of stuff off TV shows like Soundstage and Austin City Limits on our local public TV channel. HBO used to have quite a few music specials that I taped as well. Some of the tapes I converted to DVD. Kinda fun watching them.

User Info Menu

I grew up with Stevie Ray Vaughan's Live At The El Mocambo VHS and watched it religiously. Yes, I love those old recordings. There's something more personal about them, with the imperfections. But concert DVDs are great too. Listening to musicians is one thing, but seeing them in action is something completely different.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    Doh! Yes you're right. 86.
    The only downside was that we didn't get out of the car park until around 4.30am, as someone had been stabbed to death & the Police were checking every car. Eventually got home at 7.30am, and hour after I was supposed to be at work!
    Needless to say I went to bed instead!
    i would be so high on adrenaline that i would go to work, without sleep...