Thread: IEMs or over-the-ear for monitoring/listening to music? Both?

User Info Menu

Default IEMs or over-the-ear for monitoring/listening to music? Both?

I have three items I like to use depending on the situation. For some things (mostly daily activities or lunchtime at work) I'll use the Apple Air Pod Pro.

For most listening at home and monitoring and studio/live I use 64 Audio A4 molded IEMs. I really enjoy these. The fit is custom, of course, and the sound is very clear with four drivers and a flat eq.

And for a change sometimes at home I'll use the Audio Technica ATH-M50. These have a nice sound, as well. They have a flat eq.

IMG_3032.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Default Re: IEMs or over-the-ear for monitoring/listening to music? Both?

I use a Shure wireless/IEM system. For over the ear applications, I only use Beyerdynamics 770 250 OMH headphones.

I am using a logitech headset due to needing a microphone and it does the trick for my on line gaming.

You have some nice stuff DSS. Mine is mostly budget for test purposed but have passed and work how I expect.

Good thread!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: IEMs or over-the-ear for monitoring/listening to music? Both?

I just bought some off-brand in ears from Amazon for the band but they sound amazing! Can't think of the brand or number right now but they were recommended by a couple of musician friends. I also own the Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones for stereo but I don't use them that much anymore. I don't use headphones or in ears for when I'm out and about. I have a nice stereo in my car for traveling and I tend to mostly use my Bose Soundlink when I listen to music at home or through my computer's sound system.