Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarassing moment behind the drums...?

User Info Menu

Default Most embarassing moment behind the drums...?

OK...let's have it. We won't tell anyone...promise !

User Info Menu

hmm....prolly dropping my stick durring a performance...luckily i keep extra sticks on hand and im pretty fast at grabbing another one...i don't think anyone even noticed

User Info Menu

Can't think of one imparticular but it's always embarrasing when you sneeze and have snot running out of your nose. You're trying to wipe it with your arm but you're afraid to drop a beat. So there you are trying to play with one hand and wipe your nose, all the while trying to do it inconspicuously (which is impossible I might add). LOL

User Info Menu

My brother was playing drums one night while I was taking rhythm guitar at this local dive in Richmond. During this ZZ Top song he dropped his one stick (no backup!). So I actually had to walk over in front of the kit to pick up his stick and give it to him. Oh, did I forget to mention that we were only a 3-piece band and two of us stop playing at the time? What made it hysterical was that he had to get my attention to tell me to pick up the rolling drumstick. So for a couple bars, the drums kind of got "real basic", and then I looked over and he was giving me the eye to get the stick. LOL.

It's funny now that we both look back on it. Good times!

User Info Menu

Okay...one for me. I was doing a shuffle one time and then lost beat and then started into straight time. It would have been fine, but it was at church on a hymn. That was pretty funny. I was turning it into the Rolling Stones - Midnight Rambler. There have been times when I was supposed to start in 3/4 and ended up in 4/4 for some reason. It's always fun when everyone looks at you and wants to know what's going on. I just look back at them and give them the look that says, "Hey, I'm just the drummer."

User Info Menu

I was playing in a parade in a marching band...dropped a stick...it rolled down a storm drain. We had extras in the line, but it took me 1/2 a block to get it!

User Info Menu

Last year, the drumstick flew out of my hand and caught the singer in the head. That was pretty embarrasing.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Nicko McBrain...the drummer for Iron Maiden used to end his solo by bouncing the sick off his floor tom into the audience. By the time that twirling piece of wood hit the crowd, the lights had gone out. Once it landed in a girl's eye socket. That was one hell of a lawsuit! I'll bet he was a little embarassed... (especially as he was writing a check for $1,000,000.00 !) Ouch!
    Last edited by Boo; 05-06-2006 at 08:25 PM.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

geez...what a way to make a mill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    geez...what a way to make a mill
    yEA I'm sure she made it hit her eye on purpose. Instant millionaire! Ha!

User Info Menu

She probably called him before the show and said "Hey Nicko, toss me a drum stick, I'll keep an eye out for ya!"
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

HAHA!!....i love puns...that was awful...and by awful i mean AWESOME

User Info Menu

i spilled a beer down the chest of a lone young cowgirl one night while tryin to get on the stage. that was a site to see
    max

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    HAHA!!....i love puns...that was awful...and by awful i mean AWESOME
    "I ...like... big puns and I cannot lie...and you other brothers can't deny..."
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

Speeewwwwww! LOL!!
    Boo, you've got to be the funniest gay man I've ever not met in my entire life!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Speeewwwwww! LOL!!
    Boo, you've got to be the funniest gay man I've ever not met in my entire life!!!
    Gay man ?! Are you familiar with the term "crossed the line" ?
    Funny is funny...but fags are not.
    I think the "delete button" is in order.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

well....regardless u r funny as hell

User Info Menu

I saw a little kid the other day with a T-shirt on that read, "Ctrl Alt Delete.... My Sister".

User Info Menu

thats funny!
    max

User Info Menu

Once i lost 2 sticks in a row and only had 1 that i could grab, so i had to pick one up off the ground. And in that same song our lead guitarist broke a string.

User Info Menu

maybe that was gods way of saying that ur song sucked......j/k...that's pretty funny though...i hate when i drop my stick...it happens though...and ppl don't care but it's still embarassing

User Info Menu

let a stick fly in a tv studio that almost hit some paraplegic insperational speaker who despite being paraplegic gets around in a sidecart in a bikey gang.
    luckily he was a nice guy and it was off air.

User Info Menu

ok guys, check it, so i was on stage with my fellow members and we were playing bat country by avenged sevenfold. I started to twirel my sticks and I was going way to fast and the stick nailed me in the jugular and i couldn't breath for like 10 seconds. Thats some embarrasing shananagans.
    tuck your head between you legs and kiss your anus goodbye

User Info Menu

i guess mine was when i was playing in a school band concert on the set and i had a solo and i hit the snare too hard and the stick went strait through the head of the drum!! my friend megan plays drums too and she was sitting down so she threw a stick at me and i caught it and went on playing.. lol idk if anyone noticed but megan and the rest of the band

and mr. souza my band teacher lol it was great
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    i guess mine was when i was playing in a school band concert on the set and i had a solo and i hit the snare too hard and the stick went strait through the head of the drum!! my friend megan plays drums too and she was sitting down so she threw a stick at me and i caught it and went on playing.. lol idk if anyone noticed but megan and the rest of the band

and mr. souza my band teacher lol it was great

lol that sucks... did you end up having to pay for a new head?
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug