Thread: Cymbal Cleaner?

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal Cleaner?

I have some paiste cymbals and want to clean them. I am leaning towards the Paiste cymbal cleaner, but I was just wondering if there was anything else that worked on Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cymbal Cleaner?

paiste cymbal cleaner is not as good as groove juice i actually heard a little after the cleaning they turn orange so youll go through alot of it
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

i use mothers..works great

User Info Menu

I use the Zildjian cymbal cleaner, it works great. I've also used Never Dull but only once, I heard it will weaken the cymbal over time.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Paiste recommends to use their cleaner on their cymbals. Paiste uses a thin clear coat on their cymbals that Paiste cleaner won't remove. You can also now purchase this coating as a two step process, The Paiste cleaner is less abrasive than other cleaner on the market. Hot soap and water works too only you'll scrub your arm off.
    "The Innocent Shall Suffer, Big Time"

User Info Menu

Ok so as stated above DO NOT USES ANYTHING BUT PAISTE CLEANER ON PAISTE CYMBALS. Trust me I ruined my vintage 2002 15" sound edge cymbals when I was 17. yep 30 years ago. If you remove that coating you will have a nightmare keeping them from tarnishing. I am talking green in a day tarnish.

DeatDrum, I am sending you a PM as well, what do you mean you can getthe coating as a 2 step process now?
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

I have used Paiste cymbal cleaner exclusively for many years on all my cymbals. Easy to work with, less abrasive and does not scratch and not so caustic that extra care and precaution is needed. A nice brilliant shine has always been my result. As for the logos, clean around them. BTW, I do not have Paiste Cymbals.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

Larrysperf Guest

Thanks guys didnt know that so now I wont use anything else on my oh wait I dont have any P... never mind Nuff said

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help.
    I feel confident in buying and using the cleaner now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    I've also used Never Dull but only once, I heard it will weaken the cymbal over time.
    Nev R Dull wont hurt your cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Nev R Dull wont hurt your cymbals.
    I didn't know that, I heard that never dull and brasso would eventually eat away at the cymbals. I really like neverdull an I assume it would be ok because we used it on really expensive brass instruments when I was in the high school band
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

ALL cymbal/metal cleaners work the same way. They remove the thin layer of oxidized metal. But dont worry the layer is sooooo thin it would take years of constant polishing to do any damage.