Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell us something about yourself that we didn't know.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tell us something about yourself that we didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Damn! That's crazy! Maybe it really happened. Fascinating stuff!
    Personally, I don't subscribe to the extra-terrestrial idea. BUT, I can't explain why two rational members of my family would. My theory is most all "UFO" sightings are experimentory military aircraft. A good friend of mine told me about a sighting he had as a kid in the 60's. He was fishing on a bridge out in the middle of nowhere. A massive, wingless triangular craft with lights came hovering over the trees. It hovered silently about 200ft above him for a few moments, then moved on. He said it was so close he could see vents or louvers on the bottom. My first thought was, technology for a propulsion system capable of traveling light-years would probably not require louvers to vent air or exhaust gasses, LOL. My guess is military experimental craft....especially in the 1960's. I suspect it was the same situation for my mom and brother. We are, after all, only 100 miles from Offet Air Force base and SAC.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 09-09-2016 at 11:00 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I found out 2yrs ago that my oldest brother and my mom claim to have had a close encounter (together at the same time) with a UFO in a field about 150yds from our house back in the mid-70's. Shortly after, my sister told me she thinks she and possibly my brother were abducted by a UFO when they were kids. We never talk about it (just the one time) and I'm not sure what to think. My sister has an extremely high IQ (thus can be a little but of a "progressive thinker" at times), but my brother and mom are pretty firmly planted in reality.
    Wow! You never know. Only a fraction of a percent of the universe has been explored by man. There has to be intelligent life in other galaxies. Probably some more advanced and some less. It's pretty crazy to think that there could be more humans the next galaxy over.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Wow! You never know. Only a fraction of a percent of the universe has been explored by man. There has to be intelligent life in other galaxies. Probably some more advanced and some less. It's pretty crazy to think that there could be more humans the next galaxy over.
    If there was intelligent life, they wouldn't be visiting Nebraska! Unless they like football or their spacecraft are fueled by corn.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    If there was intelligent life, they wouldn't be visiting Nebraska! Unless they like football or their spacecraft are fueled by corn.

If you think I'm wrong, look around, would you travel light years to talk to us.

If just 1 UFO sighting was real ( of course I rule out the winos on the bayou that have been abducted, poked, prodded, dissected and then put back on the bayou with a bottle of Thunderbird) they probably looked down and thought, "we'll come back in a thousand years and see if their heads are still up their butts".

User Info Menu

mind if I use that in my signature?
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 09-10-2016 at 10:29 PM.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I started a new thread on the ufo / extra-terrestial stuff: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...9.html?t=35829

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    mind if I use that in my signature?

Be my guest.

User Info Menu

For the past three years I've been training my German Shepherd Bo to attack and scare . Scare being where they run up to you and get in your face barking and snapping but NOT biting . Bo is 125 pounds and huge . I met these two Iraqi vets who trained the sniffer and security dogs in Iraq and Afghanistan . So they have been teaching me to train Bo . Now I have enough knowledge to start my own dog security training business .
    Bo has three confirmed bites and one take down of a guy who tried to steal the purse of an elderly woman . All righteous bites as confirmed by the city police and animal control . He is NOT classified as an aggressive dog .
    I wear the bite suit when we're running him through the drills and let me tell you that guy will knock the wind out of you !!
    As soon as I find the right one I will get certified and start a new business .

User Info Menu

I've been trying to train Frosty as a attack dog. The problem is that, at 10 lbs and about 10-11" off the ground, the best she can do is grab someone's sock.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 09-11-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: ===

User Info Menu

I once worked for a company that made after market dash panels for classic cars. I once had the privilege for making a pickgaurd that was installed on Ron Wood's (Rolling Stones) guitar. I was called by Billy F. Gibbons (ZZTop). I spoke to Billy a couple times and he gave me a pair of tickets and backstage passes for my quick and accurate turnaround. I even made one for my Fender Bullet bass

User Info Menu

well..here it goes...I was a track announcer for Off Road Racing and tractor pulling for awhile, also did some amateur Stand up comedy, and now in my old age..I enjoy singing at Karaoke nite.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

I eat, throw, write, use air/hand tools, cook, use a knife, all left-handed. Drums, kick, shoot, if I played guitar/bass, drink, miniature golf, wear a watch, all right-handed.

User Info Menu

I love this thread. Interesting stuff. Let's keep it going!

User Info Menu

Here's another...I was a very competitive sporting clays/skeet shooter in college. Came within 2 targets at Nationals my senior year from making the Olympic development team. My dad tried to talk me in to turning pro after I graduated.

Tex

User Info Menu

I like beer. IPA's specifically. Awe, who am I kidding.........I like all booze. Good scotch, good vodka, good tequila, gin?....not so much. Oh, and a nice cigar to go with em.

User Info Menu

I am a first degree black belt in Judo. I have various belts in 3 other styles of martial arts as well but Judo is my first love. Both my sons study it as well, my oldest has been doing it nearly 5 years. I am the senior student for my instructor, so I am used as a throwing dummy quite a bit, and truth be told I actually like being thrown. It's like flying for a short distance and I know how to fall safely so the landings aren't so bad lol.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I would never marry anybody that would have me as their spouse.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Good scotch, good vodka, good tequila, gin?....not so much. Oh, and a nice cigar to go with em.
    Tobacco cigar ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    I am a first degree black belt in Judo. I have various belts in 3 other styles of martial arts as well but Judo is my first love. Both my sons study it as well, my oldest has been doing it nearly 5 years. I am the senior student for my instructor, so I am used as a throwing dummy quite a bit, and truth be told I actually like being thrown. It's like flying for a short distance and I know how to fall safely so the landings aren't so bad lol.
    I have a brown belt. I've gained a little weight so had to notch another hole in the leather.

User Info Menu

I was about 14 and I was in the front yard with a football. The neighbor down the street was alcoholic/drug addict with a fast VW bug. My neighbor across the street had a 2 year old sister that wondered in the street. Here comes the dopehead speeding down the street, I dropped the ball and run and grab the girl, trip over the curb and we fall on the grass he slammed on the brakes. The little girl starts crying and the mom comes running out yelling at the guy in the car.

This the part that still gets me:

2 weeks before this happened, her brother and I were in a serious fist fight. It was so bad we stopped fighting because we were tired and clearly no real winner. The day I saved his sister life he came out the house crying and hugged me so tight. He told me that he owed his life to me. After that day we never fought again and never talked about what happened. I moved away and came back to the old neighborhood for a visit about 15 years later and she was all grown up. Her brother came over and we talked for hours. It was good to see the 2 of them.

User Info Menu

I work on Justin Pugh's vehicle, #67 NY GIANTS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    I was about 14 and I was in the front yard with a football. The neighbor down the street was alcoholic/drug addict with a fast VW bug. My neighbor across the street had a 2 year old sister that wondered in the street. Here comes the dopehead speeding down the street, I dropped the ball and run and grab the girl, trip over the curb and we fall on the grass he slammed on the brakes. The little girl starts crying and the mom comes running out yelling at the guy in the car.

This the part that still gets me:

2 weeks before this happened, her brother and I were in a serious fist fight. It was so bad we stopped fighting because we were tired and clearly no real winner. The day I saved his sister life he came out the house crying and hugged me so tight. He told me that he owed his life to me. After that day we never fought again and never talked about what happened. I moved away and came back to the old neighborhood for a visit about 15 years later and she was all grown up. Her brother came over and we talked for hours. It was good to see the 2 of them.
    What a great story. You probably saved 2 lives that day.

User Info Menu

I have a brown belt. I've gained a little weight so had to notch another hole in the leather.

Can I use that line?
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I am actually a serial killer but am presently in the witness protection program. I know my info says Norman, OK but that is just a ruse.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    I am actually a serial killer
    Hey! Me too!! I can finish off a bowl of Cap'n Crunch in seconds flat!!

Oh wait.... Cereal......

Ummm, nevermind!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!