Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3085

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

New cymbals are in.

User Info Menu

They look nice against that dark kit. How do they sound?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    They look nice against that dark kit. How do they sound?
    They are much better than what the kit came with, that is for sure, lol. I think I want to add a 14 inch crash next to go with the 16 and 18. I have a couple of gigs in a week and a half, so I'm interested to see how they sound with the full band in an acoustically sound room.

Jdrum1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    They are much better than what the kit came with, that is for sure, lol. I think I want to add a 14 inch crash next to go with the 16 and 18. I have a couple of gigs in a week and a half, so I'm interested to see how they sound with the full band in an acoustically sound room.
    In case they don't work out, did you see my thread about the Steve Weiss cymbal pack?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrum1 View Post
    In case they don't work out, did you see my thread about the Steve Weiss cymbal pack?
    No. Where can I find it?

Jdrum1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    No. Where can I find it?

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...bal-35370.html

User Info Menu

My set up the past two days.

User Info Menu

/\Nice kit.

User Info Menu

Nice pews too!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. The photo that shows the pews is an old cathedral that has been completely remodeled. The do everything from concerts to plays and showing movies in there. It was an awesome building. The acoustics made for a challenge with the kit, but I managed by putting an extra t-shirt I had over my snare and a table cloth I found over my kick. I used my Hot Rods for the entire show and barely used any toms during my fills, but it worked.

User Info Menu

I was able to get these today on a trade, and I freaking love them already. It's a Supernova Red Burst finish, and a 12/16/22 set up. I also got a 10" Gretsch Renown tom in a pretty similar finish that I don't intend on using. You can maybe shoot me a PM if you might be interested in it.

User Info Menu

22" EMAD's installed on my kick drum tonight.

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

More Mapex kit pics please.

User Info Menu

Alright,alright!

User Info Menu

sexy

User Info Menu

If I'm going Mapex, that's the kit I would choose. Furniture grade finish over cool hybrid shell in my favorite configuration. Win-win-win.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    If I'm going Mapex, that's the kit I would choose. Furniture grade finish over cool hybrid shell in my favorite configuration. Win-win-win.
    Thanks much Johnny G! that 12x14 floor tom to my left was a freebie! It came with the kit by mistake. Nothing on paper about it,so I let Mapex know about it and nothing was said. I kept it boxed up for 3 mos. (90 days). During that time and six months more I finally got my 14x14 floor tom. I earned that floor tom for all the waiting and hassle I went through! I still have a 8x8 tom special order coming to me from last Nov. ONE YEAR!! should get it at the end of this month. They had to custom make it because that finish is no longer available.

User Info Menu

Do you mind me asking what kit that is? Forgive me, it might be obvious, but I don't have a clue! Looks like Mapex Saturn V? Thanks.
    SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-GIGGA-TISH!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Thanks much Johnny G! that 12x14 floor tom to my left was a freebie! It came with the kit by mistake. Nothing on paper about it,so I let Mapex know about it and nothing was said. I kept it boxed up for 3 mos. (90 days). During that time and six months more I finally got my 14x14 floor tom. I earned that floor tom for all the waiting and hassle I went through! I still have a 8x8 tom special order coming to me from last Nov. ONE YEAR!! should get it at the end of this month. They had to custom make it because that finish is no longer available.
    Yow! That's some serious wait time. I hate having to be patient.
    That is going to be an epic playground when you get all the pieces in place. I'll happily drive south from Chico to play them so you can hear them from out front. LOL

PS Just looked it up. I'm about 6 hours away. If I'm headed to LA or San Diego again anytime soon, I'll send you a PM.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    Do you mind me asking what kit that is? Forgive me, it might be obvious, but I don't have a clue! Looks like Mapex Saturn V? Thanks.
    Taras,yes it's a mix of a Saturn lV & V combined. I got the last lV in the factory so I had some back orders that are Saturn V's. Some toms don't have the soni clear bearing edge some do. . .only difference.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Taras,yes it's a mix of a Saturn lV & V combined. I got the last lV in the factory so I had some back orders that are Saturn V's. Some toms don't have the soni clear bearing edge some do. . .only difference.
    Nice. Wish I had a set! Better start saving. Thanks.
    SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-GIGGA-TISH!

User Info Menu

Been a while since they've been out on a date, but, I'm going to bring out the Saturns for the next couple of gigs.

User Info Menu

^Nice Mapex kits!!

User Info Menu

Mapex is introducing new line of snare drums? Anyone have any details?