Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wuhan cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Wuhan cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by Five Magics View Post
    I have a 16" Wuhan china and it is fantastic! Solid trashy sound with a short sustain.
    I've never heard any bad things about the 16" china. I'm looking at getting a 14". I bet the 16" is loud!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I've never heard any bad things about the 16" china. I'm looking at getting a 14". I bet the 16" is loud!

Loud and quick

User Info Menu

Loud and quick
    How tight is your wing nut? Do you play it loose or tight?

-Mike

User Info Menu

Tight but not too tight. If it's too loose it will move all over the place (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), if I have it too tight it can warp/crack the cymbal over time.

First I tighten it as much as possible. Then I start loosening the wing nut and moving the cymbal with my hands until I think it has the appropriate movement flexibility.

User Info Menu

Tight but not too tight. If it's too loose it will move all over the place (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), if I have it too tight it can warp/crack the cymbal over time.

First I tighten it as much as possible. Then I start loosening the wing nut and moving the cymbal with my hands until I think it has the appropriate movement flexibility.
    Have you considered a cymbal spring?

-Mike

User Info Menu

I have a Wuhan 18" China that is big enough to be part gong and part china. I also have a 12" Agazarian China, which is essentially a Wuhan that was made for Guitar Center. I even have a 12" Wuhan Splash. They're great cymbals. I don't use them as much as my crashes, but there are great in the right places.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Have you considered a cymbal spring?
    To be honest, I have never used cymbal springs before. Have you? And if so how good are they?

User Info Menu

To be honest, I have never used cymbal springs before. Have you? And if so how good are they?
    I have not used one before but I know Aquarian sells 2 kinds. A medium and a heavy. The medium is for smaller cymbals like a splash or small crash, and the heavy is for a china. The spring holds the cymbal with 2 thick rubber pads. I've heard that the spring gives more vibration and quickly returns to it's original position so you can hit very clear multiple strokes. I can't say i'd recommend it or not because I've never used one, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I have a Wuhan 18" China that is big enough to be part gong and part china. I also have a 12" Agazarian China, which is essentially a Wuhan that was made for Guitar Center. I even have a 12" Wuhan Splash. They're great cymbals. I don't use them as much as my crashes, but there are great in the right places.
    I sometimes use my 10" splash as a secondary crash because it has a low dark sustain. I even ride it occasionally.

-Mike