Thread: Facebook swap shops are the worst

User Info Menu

Default Facebook swap shops are the worst

Not really the swap shops themselves, but the people who only look at photos a d price, but don't read the description.

I'm selling my old cymbal set and put a price of $350 obo, which includes a cymbal bag.

I posted photos of the cymbals on my kit and have had about 10 messages and calls from people thinking they can get the entire kit for $350.

I knew reading comprehension is something they say is going away in America, but dang!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Facebook swap shops are the worst

"I knew reading comprehension is something they say is going away in America, but dang! "

It's not going away...........................................it' s gone.

User Info Menu

CL is just as bad. Just as you said; people don't (or can't) read.
    FWIW- I tried selling my complete PST 7 cymbal set (as a set) on CL. Everyone wanted to piece it out or buy just the ride, just the hats, etc.. I finally gave up.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Well, I've had five offers from Mexico to purchase the whole kit lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Well, I've had five offers from Mexico to purchase the whole kit lol
    Must be from the drum cartel.

User Info Menu

NAFDA- North American Free Drum Agreement
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I've had the same experience. I think it's between scammers and people that are lazy and/or impatient. They don't bother to read the description. They just click through and ask stupid questions.

User Info Menu

I knew I saved this for this moment. Rickthedrummer would agree with this one

Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 11-25-2017 at 03:11 PM.

User Info Menu

I had that happen to me recently---I was selling a set of drum mics on CL---I included pictures of my drums with the mics set up, and one picture showed my 1000w PA. The description was very detailed as to what was for sale, and yet I was bombarded with questions about the drums, cymbals, hardware, PA, and even what kind of speakers came with it. I guess these idiots expected to buy my whole studio for $500.

User Info Menu

Yeah, there's a lot of folks who don't look or read, or want to give you 25 cents on the dollar. The other side of the coin are the occasional CL ads that have no pics, no description, and say "Drum set for sale. Don't waste my time if you aren't serious."
    The boomy things:
    Mapex Orion Classic 6 pc, transparent violet burl
    The pingy/crashy things:
    K Custom Dark and K Darks
    K Sweet
    Meinl Byzance
    Silken Sebring and Avus
    Dream Bliss and Contact
    More cowbells than I have cows.
    The "quiet time" things:
    Zildjian L80 low volume cymbals
    Aquarian Super-Pads
    Roland TD9, Pintech drum triggers, Yamaha cymbal triggers

User Info Menu

I just go nuts by peoples stupidity

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I just go nuts by peoples stupidity
    So, of course, the smart thing to do was become a musician.

User Info Menu

I decided to quote a price of $2500 for the entire kit when people don't read the ad and message me asking for a price. I figure if someone is dumb enough to pay that I can go get a higher grade Mapex kit, keep my cymbals I just purchased, and make out like a bandit lol.