Thread: Me playing a song off my bands new album (Death metal again i KNOW!)

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Me playing a song off my bands new album (Death metal again i KNOW!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek61WB8SCSU

Heres a NEW video of me playing one of my band Dissolution's songs. Were currently in the mixing stage of our album (which I recorded with real drums) but I figured I would show a video of me practicing one of our new songs on the electric kit this afternoon.

First time using more than 1 camera so I had some issues syncing audio but it turned out pretty well.

The td20 is being run with superior drummer 2.0

Id love to hear comments or questions.

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Me playing a song off my bands new album (Death metal again i KNOW!)

Nice playing but I guess Im getting old very hard for me to listen to blast beats and cookie monster singing these days. I think Im out in the bush to much and getting to enjoy the piece and just the wind and birds singing lol. But thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

Default Re: Me playing a song off my bands new album (Death metal again i KNOW!)

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Nice playing but I guess Im getting old very hard for me to listen to blast beats and cookie monster singing these days. I think Im out in the bush to much and getting to enjoy the piece and just the wind and birds singing lol. But thanks for sharing
    Ya. My angry younger self joined this band 8 or 9 years ago when i moved to Winnipeg. we are all older now and its quite interesting. we still enjoy playing it. but I'm a computer tech, we have a programmer,and a customs agent in our band. people don't think like that when you hear the music.

either way its still fun to play drums like this.. I still enjoy playing blues, jazz, funk, rock. but this band allows me to basically do a drum solo for an entire set and not look like I"m being too flashy. haha

User Info Menu

The drumming's good, but I always wonder if the "singers" are going to have any vocal cords left when they are 40.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    The drumming's good, but I always wonder if the "singers" are going to have any vocal cords left when they are 40.
    Many of them don't. That's one of the reasons why my favourite death metal vocalist stopped doing his growling, to preserve his singing voice.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Great playing, brother. Love the stick control.

User Info Menu

our singer is fine... if he does it for a few hours straight it wears him out... as would any kindof singing loud (opera/ power metal)

it comes from the gut.. the singers that cant do it after years screech and yell from their throat and neck and wreck their voice box..

but pushing from the bottom of your stomach to get loud powerful vocals doesn't have any long term effects.

but hey.. a harsh cold or flu and i can't talk for a day or 2 so it doesn't take much to mess up your voice